DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-150-100-70-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Batteries - HM100 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-150-100-70-series-camera-systems/236596-batteries-hm100.html)

John McDonald June 2nd, 2009 06:33 AM

Batteries - HM100

In a few months I'm off to drive around the likes of Africa for a few years and have purchased a HM100 for a few projects along the way. Obviously I need a stack of batteries to take with me ;-)

I've never owned a JVC camera before, but with my previous cameras I've usually used 3rd party batteries with no problems.

Are there any disadvantages to using non JVC batteries?

Can anybody recommend a reliable brand of 3rd party battery? (available in the UK)

They would need to work on the JVC charger supplied with the HM100 and also have a 12 volt charger available.

Many thanks!!

Brian Rhodes June 2nd, 2009 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John McDonald (Post 1152717)
In a few months I'm off to drive around the likes of Africa for a few years and have purchased a HM100 for a few projects along the way. Obviously I need a stack of batteries to take with me ;-)

I've never owned a JVC camera before, but with my previous cameras I've usually used 3rd party batteries with no problems.

Are there any disadvantages to using non JVC batteries?

Can anybody recommend a reliable brand of 3rd party battery? (available in the UK)

They would need to work on the JVC charger supplied with the HM100 and also have a 12 volt charger available.

Many thanks!!

I ordered one of these batteries but have not tested.
PriceGrabber.com

Tim Dashwood June 2nd, 2009 09:37 AM

I was just informed yesterday that Anton Bauer has a battery solution for the HM100 in their ElipZ series. Does anyone else know anything about this?

John McDonald June 2nd, 2009 10:09 AM

Many thanks Tim - it looks interesting, but I suspect I will want to stick with 'ordinary tourist' looking solutions if you know what I mean. But lets see what they release....

Glad I have a few months before heading off to let all the 3rd party and JVC HM100 products and accessories come to market... ;-)

Jack Walker June 2nd, 2009 10:17 AM

Apparently this is the part number for the Anton Bauer Elipz cable for the HM100:
J100-ADP-ELPZ

Here is a listing in one company's catalog for this (the first item):
Shoreview Distribution

I think it is listed at Expandore and possibly a French company. However, I don't find it yet at B&H, and it doesn't seem to be listed on the Anton Bauer site in the U.S.

Colin Rowe June 2nd, 2009 10:27 AM

Hi John.
I used one of these at a wedding on Saturday BN-VF823U HL-823 Camcorder Batteries, Replacement BN-VF823U HL-823 Camcorder Battery I charged, discharged and charged again befor use. The battery power readout showed 90 minutes, compared to 120 minutes the JVC original showed. Having said that it recorded for about half an hour after the low battery warning showed, all evening and infill shots. (I had charged the original, and had it in my pocket, just in case). The lower minutes display has probably got something to do with the camera not communicating with a non JVC battery. It charges fine on the supplied charger. If you decide to buy one, dont pay for the overnight delivery, its about £7.50, just ask them to post it first class, 99p. I did and the battery was deliversd by postie the very next morning.

Brian Rhodes June 7th, 2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Rhodes (Post 1152735)
I ordered one of these batteries but have not tested.
PriceGrabber.com

No problems with battery works with OME charger.