DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-150-100-70-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Question about HM100 and importing files from Vegas 9 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-150-100-70-series-camera-systems/237332-question-about-hm100-importing-files-vegas-9-a.html)

Kajito Nagib June 14th, 2009 11:01 AM

Question about HM100 and importing files from Vegas 9

I posted this question on the Vegas section but didn't get a reply hopefully someone here could help me. When I open up device explorer in Vegas 9 the files on my JVC HM100 SDHC card doesn't appear on the device explorer window list. I already install both the clip browser and SxS software. Does the device explorer support importing from SDHC?

Colin Rowe June 14th, 2009 05:32 PM

Using Clip Browser, copy the files from your SDHC cards to a folder on your HDD. Open Vegas 9 and go to, View/Device Explorer. Right click in left pane/ Browse and navigate to the folder you saved your files to. Import. Job done

Matthias Krause June 14th, 2009 07:10 PM

So - has anybody tried to use .mp4 files from the HM100 directly on the timeline? Does it work in Vegas 9.0? I am going back and forth whether I should upgrade from 8.0 and Sony could not give me a definitive answer if the new version will work with HM100 files natively...

Colin Rowe June 15th, 2009 02:31 AM

Yes it works like a dream, when using the above method. open device explorer and drag the clips straight into your project.

Kajito Nagib June 15th, 2009 04:16 PM

Colin it didn't work. I open clip browser then copied the files from my SDHC card to my hard drive. In Vegas I opened device explorer instead of XDCAM explorer like I did the first time
in the left pane it says "no device conected" but I go ahead and right click browse locate the BPAV folder where I saved my files then I click on the subfolder but the "ok" button is grayed out so I can't click on it.

Colin Rowe June 15th, 2009 04:53 PM

Hi Kajito. I dont know what the problem could be. I would uninstall and reinstall Vegas. It may just sort it out. You should not have to clck on the sub folder, Vegas device explorer will show the thumbnails of clips if you simply browse and select the folder you copied files to. As soon as a folder containing clips is recognised, the ok option should be available.

Matthias Krause June 15th, 2009 05:53 PM

Kajito, just to make sure: You do have the latest version of Vegas PRO, right? Retails for $599 or so... Because any of the STUDIO Versions like the "Studio Platinum Pro Pack" won´t cut it.

Kajito Nagib June 15th, 2009 11:42 PM

I upgraded from Vegas 8 Pro to 9. I'll reinstall to see if that helps
I'll let you know. Have you had any problems with rendering in Vegas 9? Maybe reinstalling will take care of that to:-(

Kajito Nagib June 16th, 2009 12:04 AM

Reinstalled problem solved:-)
I just dragged my .mp4 files from the HM100 directly on the timeline
worked like a charm.

Colin Rowe June 16th, 2009 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kajito Nagib (Post 1159028)
I upgraded from Vegas 8 Pro to 9. I'll reinstall to see if that helps
I'll let you know. Have you had any problems with rendering in Vegas 9? Maybe reinstalling will take care of that to:-(

No problems at all