DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-150-100-70-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Small Bag for HM100? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-150-100-70-series-camera-systems/240018-small-bag-hm100.html)

Tim Nielsen July 30th, 2009 11:22 AM

Small Bag for HM100?

Has anyone found a good small shoulder bag for the GY-HM100? I haven't started to look to much, but thought maybe someone had a recommendation here. I just need to carry the camera and maybe battery or two, nothing fancy.

Tim

Tracy Foust July 30th, 2009 12:06 PM

Bag for the HM100

The carrier that you choose will pretty much be whatever fits your needs. However, I would make one suggestion: Purchase a soft fabric bag that will hold just the HM100. Get this with a drawstring top and put the HM100 into it before you place it in the carrier. This goes along way toward keeping unwanted detritus out of the camera and whatever scratches might be received. Good on windy days when stuff can fly into the carrier when you put stuff into it.

Leonid Yegoshin July 30th, 2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Nielsen (Post 1178712)
Has anyone found a good small shoulder bag for the GY-HM100? I haven't started to look to much, but thought maybe someone had a recommendation here. I just need to carry the camera and maybe battery or two, nothing fancy.

Look on Petrol PMCCB-1-N (B&H or elsewhere). HM100 fits it tight.

But personally, I go with Tamrac 979 - it is bigger but light, keeps stuff and is doesn't impress as a HUGE bag and less fancy for steeling. Primary reason - I use a little longer mic and I want to keep it's foam out of touch as is as a wide-lens.

Steve Cottrell August 2nd, 2009 11:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Nielsen (Post 1178712)

Tim

Camera bags!!!

Any video or stills fan worth their salt has a never-ending search for the perfect bag :-)

I must have about a dozen but the perfect bag does not exist. Everything is always a compromise...

For just carrying the basic camera around, I can squish mine into a Domke F803:

http://static.photo.net/attachments/...v-22339084.jpg

That's rare. It normally lives in a LowePro Stealth Reporter 600 along with all the bits and bobs I need, including HHDs and 15 inch MPB. Mainly because I already had the bag and a Canon 1D mark II and lenses used to live in it, but it fits the bill nicely. A bit bulky for carrying everywhere, but it lives in the car and comes to lunch a lot when I am out working, or follows me everywhere when I am not. If you shoot news for a living, it's pretty much impossible to be without a camera of some sort...

Lowepro Stealth Reporter AW Reviews

Don't even get me going about Portabrace bags. If they had a subscription service it would work out cheaper for me...

Best of luck,
Cotty

Jack Walker August 2nd, 2009 10:06 PM

Tamrac 976:
Tamrac | 976 Medium Camcorder Shoulder Bag | 97601 | B&H Photo

Andrew Turk September 2nd, 2010 08:00 PM

lowpro

no way!

the lowe pro 200aw is perfect.. just takes sliding the mic back a little and Its a tight and good fit in a sling bag. the bag also acts as a stabilizer for your arms while shooting....

Lowepro - SlingShot 200 AW

Denis Obrien September 7th, 2010 04:05 PM

Lowepro Inverse 200AW

I use the Lowepro Inverse 200AW - Lowepro - Inverse 200 AW. It is a tight fit for the camera. Can be worn over the shoulder as well as around the waist. It has an attached rain cover in a concealed compartment. I like Tracy Fousts comment about placing the camera in a soft fabric bag first.

Denis