Door #1, door #2 or door #3? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM150, HM100, HM70 recording AVCHD MP4 & QuickTime .MOV to SDHC cards.

Old October 2nd, 2009, 04:24 PM   #16
Major Player

Well monday (I hope) i'm driving the 3 hours to the LOCAL JVC dealer who has a HM700 that I'll try out. I drag along my HD110 and firestore and compare them side by side for noise and how i use it. I told them I want to see a Pany HPX-300 and Sony EX 1/3 if possible for some in depth viewing. I'll bring some media along to hopefully get some simple tests done for myself. If anything is interesting i'll post it here. A freind wants to buy my gear, and I'm willing to upgrade for the 17x fujinon and to move away from firewire and tape and mobile drives. If it's a little noisier with 0-9 gain I'm fine with that... unless it's obscene. But that's why I'm brining my gear along. The picture and cmos jelllo vision I want to see first hand in how (I SHOOT) and see how real it is. Apparently (I think I mentioned this on this thread) that the sony has a faster cmos synch than pansonic in 1080p so Sony's jello vision is minimal acording to Sony fans.

I still see myself either keeping my old HD110 with firestore drive (and irritating my friend for not selling it to him) or getting the HM700 and a year from now getting a Red Scarlet or something similar for real cinemea work, and my JVC should/tripod setup for my money earning work. I"m really intrigued by Red making a huge variety of modular camera systems. It's how I think. And for the big brands, I bet I either keep my old HD110 or get the HM700 for the better lens and simpler work flow and hope that the noise doesn't bother me much. Of course if I get the HM700, i'll have to think about upgrading my FCP studio 1 to studio 3 I think. It means a lot more money for the upgrade to get the better lens and the less compressed 720p 24fps 35mbs XDCAM formats. I hope it will be worth it.
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems