HM100 lens cover at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM150, HM100, HM70 recording AVCHD MP4 & QuickTime .MOV to SDHC cards.

Old October 12th, 2009, 03:35 AM   #1
Major Player

HM100 lens cover

My HM100 is giving sterling service, but I have a query regarding start up. Most, not every time I switch the cam on I get "check lens cover" flash up on the LCD / VF. The lens cover is open. It has done it since day one, doesn't particlarly bother me, but just wondered if its happening to anyone else.
Old October 12th, 2009, 08:11 AM   #2
Regular Crew

That is one of the issue that must be addressed in the next firmware update. Unless the warning can be shut off deep in the menu system that I haven't been able to find. It is PLENTY annoying when it happens, and it happens real often. One would think that it is quite obvious if he image is dark, the lens cover is on... what is the need for the warning...
Sam Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2009, 09:01 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Sam.
I just completed the firmware update, I wasnt going to, "if it aint broke etc", and I have no intention of using the class 10 cards. But there is a mention of minor bug fixes (non specific) on the JVC site. I have switched the cam off and on a dozen times since completing the update, and lo and behold, no warning on startup. It may be coincidence, I will report back in a few days.
Old October 12th, 2009, 10:00 AM   #4
Major Player

Spoke to soon, Lens cover warning is back
Old October 12th, 2009, 11:23 AM   #5
Regular Crew

We get the lens warning every time, even after the firmware upgrade, but we've learned to ignore it -- like all those “Any date yet?” posts in the Scarlet forum.

It's addressing the obvious, really, like the “Caution! Water's Edge” signs in Canada (I know, I know, it's for the ice...)
Paul Shapiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2009, 05:59 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Or "Caution:The Coffee is Hot"

You got my hopes up for a second there Colin with the new firmware, I was about to lift my finger and search for the firmware!
Old October 13th, 2009, 06:17 AM   #7
Major Player

Yea, got a little over optomistic. The warning is a more a nuisance than anything else. Perhaps future updates will address it.
Old October 15th, 2009, 08:31 AM   #8
Regular Crew

You're lucky. Mine opens up with 'Oh no. Not you again.'
Steve Cottrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 09:04 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Haha, I think mine displayed that once. One thing when using the WA lens, the message constantly pops up, it is soooooooo annoying. Please JVC where art thou?
Old October 15th, 2009, 01:54 PM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Rowe View Post
Hi Sam.
I just completed the firmware update, I wasnt going to, "if it aint broke etc", and I have no intention of using the class 10 cards. But there is a mention of minor bug fixes (non specific) on the JVC site. I have switched the cam off and on a dozen times since completing the update, and lo and behold, no warning on startup. It may be coincidence, I will report back in a few days.
i updated the firmware and still get the message, doesn't bother me.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems