Splash-proof cover HM100? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM150, HM100, HM70 recording AVCHD MP4 & QuickTime .MOV to SDHC cards.

Old May 19th, 2010, 04:31 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Splash-proof cover HM100?

I'm filming a bit of ocean racing next month and I'll use the HM100 to get some B cam odd angles and suchlike. Anyone recommend a splashproof cover or housing suitable for the HM100? Can't quite spring for the full underwater housing...

Many thanks for all pointers.

SteveC
Steve Cottrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 08:23 PM   #2
New Boot

Re:Splash-proof cover HM100?

I have used Epic housings to Shoot surfing & Wake Surfing The epics work , limited control, but for above the water, shallow depth they work fine. The Ewa Marine bag works just as good with more camera control about the same price Look into the Go Pro HD cam, water proof shoots HD and is the same price as both Housings
John Lotterer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 02:52 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks - the Epic looks perfect. I've emailed them to see which housing would be suitable - HM100 plus wide angle adapter minus rubber eyecup = 9 5/8 inches. Looks great for hanging into the bow-wave of the boat etc :) Cheers.
Old May 27th, 2010, 10:38 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Steve, would you post or email their reply regarding which housing model? Sounds like something we could also use.
Cheers, Paul
Paul Shapiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:42 AM   #5
New Boot

Alot of the surfing footage in their videos Was shot with my VX2100 tell them JL sent you
John Lotterer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Shapiro View Post
Steve, would you post or email their reply regarding which housing model? Sounds like something we could also use.
Cheers, Paul
Yessir, they say Epic Pro V1 which has dimensions of 7x7x16 inches.

Personally I think that's too large. The Epic Elite looks like it will easily take the HM100 according to this page:

Epic Elite | Video Housings | Underwater

I'd rather have smaller for buoyancy reasons. Saw one guy selling a smaller Epic Sport model with a custom made mirror strapped to the side so he could see a reversed side LCD image while shooting straight ahead - excellent idea.

HTH
Old June 10th, 2010, 11:06 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Brilliant! Thanks for the info, Steve.

No need for the mirror, though: I'm training my hamster to operate from the inside!
Paul Shapiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2010, 02:59 PM   #8
Regular Crew

You should see some of my clients, they're training hamsters to operate day-to-day....
Steve Cottrell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems