my screen is all floppy at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM150, HM100, HM70 recording AVCHD MP4 & QuickTime .MOV to SDHC cards.

Old August 12th, 2010, 05:55 AM   #1
Regular Crew

my screen is all floppy

at a shoot a few weeks back a bag fell onto the camera while it was copying data over in a crowded media room... not sure who did it, but all i know is my screen is now all floppy

i got my camera from the US so no warranty support here or at all unless i fly it back to the states. I'm booked up with jobs until december so i guess i'll be living with it!

for anyone interested in what actually breaks when this happens, the answer is: nothing.

there is a little metal shim where the screen connects to the camera body that is what makes the screen feel tight when you turn it, it simply bends flat and reduces the tension, the screen is just as secure as ever it just doesn't feel tight and new

i doubt there's a way to fix this without replacing the whole screen assembly which is probably what i'll do when it finally does give up

it's a little different to take apart than a HD7 and there is one sneaky screw which requires you take off the opposide side of the casing before you can remove the half of the camera where the screen is.. lots more screws but otherwise the HM100 chassis looks almost the same as a HD7 (i'm sure its make on all the same equipment at JVC)

thats all! i didn't take pics this time around except for one of the casing split, will post up if anyone is interested in seeing the guts of the camera
Marty Mulholland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems