So.. Who jumped to a 700? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM150, HM100, HM70 recording AVCHD MP4 & QuickTime .MOV to SDHC cards.

Old August 27th, 2010, 12:24 AM   #1
Regular Crew

So.. Who jumped to a 700?

i've been getting consistent work since i started using the HM100 and i absolutely love the SD card work flow. It suits the work i do perfectly.

i am insanely jealous of the depth of field available to kids using their Canon 5D/7D's and while this would solve the problem of getting great depth of field and lens choices i'm thinking a more solid investment would be a HM700 with the canon lens.

it would also free up my HM100 for doing 2nd camera duties (a HD7 currently fills that role)

it would be significant investment for me but i think i could have it covered in one or two jobs

has anyone else made the jump?
Marty Mulholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 04:30 PM   #2
Regular Crew

This probably doesn't help, but I went the other way -- I started with the HM700 and ended up buying an HM100 as a second camera. I (quite unexpectedly) *love* the HM100 -- it's so much lighter and easier to do things like attaching to a car than the HM700, and a hell of a lot cheaper if it ends up being damaged in the process -- and I like having the same workflow for both cameras. Will the HM700 solve your problems or work for you? I don't know (depth of field will always be an issue with the 1/3 sensor), but the 700 is a very pleasant-to-use and capable camera, and as a shoulder mount unit, its a lot more ergonomic than an EX1 or EX3 (or the HM100, for that matter). Results at 720P60 are pretty damn good... (although being in PAL land you'll presumably do the 720P50 thing, which I haven't tried).
Hamish Reid is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems