how to get out of the Rec/Pause Rec mode? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM150, HM100, HM70 recording AVCHD MP4 & QuickTime .MOV to SDHC cards.

Old January 4th, 2011, 04:43 PM   #1
New Boot

how to get out of the Rec/Pause Rec mode?

I just received my new HM100u yesterday & have been diving in to play with everything. I have already learned a lot. On thing that I can't find in the manual is how to get out of the Rec/Pause Rec mode. I know if I just shut down the camcorder it resets but isn't there an easier way?

Thanks
Stephen Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 07:50 PM   #2
New Boot

Tech Support

Well I answered my own question by contacting JVC Tech Support. I learned a few things... 1st, you can't use the mode rocker to go from video to camera mode if you have the "Clip Continuous" option selected. This option allows the video to automatically rollover to the next SD card after the 1st one is full. This is a common selected option so I don't know why this option prevents changing modes???? JVC should fix this. The only way to change modes with this option selected is to turn off the power & back on again (that clears the recording function). Or you can assign one of the user buttons to turn off the "Clip Continuous" feature (Yes that is one of the user selectable options you have). The problem with that is it uses up one of the limited "User" Options available (limited to 3).

I also learned that you can't use the picture "sanp shot" feature while in any of the 720 resolution modes. Why ???? I don't know. Works fine in 1080 modes. The "snap shot" button allows you to store up to 3 shots quickly. JVC should fix this also.

Oh well...lots more to learn. Every camera has its quirks, just need to understand them all. ;-)
Stephen Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2011, 04:26 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yah, I have User button number 3 set to switch off continuous clip mode, works okay. User 1 I have set to enable focus assist (most used feature) and User 2 set to reset Timecode to zero. Hey it's not perfect but for the size it certainly packs a punch. Best a luck!
Steve Cottrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #4
New Boot

Clip Continuous triggering

Clip Continuous can be turned off while recording by holding the trigger for a second or so until the Rec indicator in the VF turns from red to white. If you pause the recording, and then decide to stop, you can use a User button to end the clip or briefly start a recording and then end it by holding the trigger for a second.
This function creates one clip instead of the many clips you would get every time you pause during recording. If you like to edit with many individual clips instead of one combined clip, don't use this mode.
Automatic switching between the SDHC cards is a different function and is on by default.
Robert Yarosh is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems