strange HDMI output HM100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM150, HM100, HM70 recording AVCHD MP4 & QuickTime .MOV to SDHC cards.

Old August 22nd, 2011, 03:33 AM   #1
New Boot

strange HDMI output HM100

i tried to make a time lapse with hm100 and nanoflash.
i made a connection between the two devices through a HDMI-cable.

at the end of the day i discovered that the captured image was green-ish and purple-ish. today i did some 'reverse ingeneering' ;-) and discovered that the strange hdmi-colours are related to the 'HDMI COLOR SETTING' of the hm100.

when the setting is set to 'automatic (A)' there's a chance that i get a strange colored image.
when the setting is set to 'RGB' most of the time (not 100% shure) i get a normal colored image.

does anybody knows what's going on?

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/attachme...1&d=1314005539
Attached Thumbnails
strange HDMI output HM100-vd307001.png  
Ralph Mooijekind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 10:28 AM   #2
Sponsor: Convergent Design

Re: strange HDMI output HM100

Hello Ralph,

Have you had more time to investigate if this only occurs with the Automatic setting?

Say for instance if you power up the nanoFlash with the camera set to RGB then switch to Automatic do you receive the same result?

We suspect this may be happening if the camera is outputting YUV when the Automatic setting is selected.

Also as stated in the JVC Manual on page 63 which I have attached.

Feel Free to contact us directly,

Support Contacts | Convergent Design

Best Regards
Attached Thumbnails
strange HDMI output HM100-jvc-gy-hm100-camcorder.tiff  

Last edited by Andy Mangrum; August 22nd, 2011 at 01:26 PM.
Andy Mangrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2011, 08:41 AM   #3
New Boot

Re: strange HDMI output HM100

hello andy,

you CD-guys are great in supporting your customers. thanks for that!

i do share your suggestion that the color inversion is caused by the hm100.

however during another test the image was okay (all devices were switched off in between), but the color setting was set on 'A' (Auto). this might suggest that the hm100 sometimes switches from yuv to rgb in a proper way.
this might not be a reliable way of making time lapses (without having the opportunity to get a real time image by looping through the hdmi-signal).

so i did another test today (powering on nanoFLASH first (HDMI-cable already connected), HM100 powered on next with HM100 color-setting @ RGB). This resulted in a crystal clear image.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/attachme...1&d=1314110236

BTW: in time lapse mode: does the nanoFLASH automatically select the iFrame-setting? if not, does it explain the pixelated picture (seen in background) like this: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/attachme...1&d=1314110236

best regards,
ralph
Attached Thumbnails
strange HDMI output HM100-vd309001-longgop.jpg   strange HDMI output HM100-vd310001.jpg  

Last edited by Ralph Mooijekind; August 23rd, 2011 at 08:55 AM. Reason: ordering cause and result in a better readable way
Ralph Mooijekind is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems