JVC GY-HM100u unresponsive ND Filter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM150, HM100, HM70 recording AVCHD MP4 & QuickTime .MOV to SDHC cards.

Old July 10th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #1
Regular Crew

JVC GY-HM100u unresponsive ND Filter

Had an issue yesterday with one of my cameras. The image was dark, as if the ND Filter was engaged. When I went to check it, I realized that flipping the ND Filter switch had no effect on the image. That is to say, the ND Filter was ON and I could not turn it OFF regardless of what I did with the switch. Turning the camera on and off did not help. (I also got out a second camera to compare the exposures. Definitely the ND Filter.)

What I did last minute was to "Restore Factory Defaults", which reset the camera. The ND Filter is still stuck, but now it is stuck in the OFF position, which is preferable since I have never once needed it.
Christian Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: JVC GY-HM100u unresponsive ND Filter

Update: camera has reverted to having ND filter stuck in the ON position. Will try restoring factory defaults again...
Old July 27th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I can no longer get the camera to turn off the ND Filter. Resetting to factory defaults did not help. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Old August 7th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I powered up the camera today to see if reloading firmware could help. However, when I turned on the camera, the ND Filter was functioning normally. Great!, but still a little disconcerting.
Old August 7th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #5
Inner Circle

560 viewers would probably tell you to get it checked at the first opportunity.

Murphys law says it'll stick in the ON slot again .. just when you want it OFF.

Cheers.
Old August 7th, 2012, 11:20 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Black View Post
560 viewers would probably tell you to get it checked at the first opportunity.
On the other hand, it is very difficult to fix something that is currently working. Right now I have a car with a speedometer that stops working for about one day out of every 3 months. Obviously it is easier to drive a car with a broken speedometer than use a camcorder with a stuck ND filter. Still, I don't know what you can do except hope that it breaks permanently so it can be permanently fixed.
Eric Olson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems