DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The Long Black Line (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/long-black-line/)
-   -   Sony GV-HD700 & GV-HD700E decks (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/long-black-line/112655-sony-gv-hd700-gv-hd700e-decks.html)

TingSern Wong January 18th, 2008 10:11 AM

Sony GV-HD700 & GV-HD700E decks

I placed an order for this Sony HDV tape deck GV-HD700E (PAL version). I am wondering - does anybody knows what is the difference between GV-HD700 and the GV-HD700E decks? For Singapore domain (PAL) - I don't seem to be able to order the GV-HD700 (only the 700E is available).

Pedanes Bol January 18th, 2008 04:55 PM

I believe E stands for Europe. The decks are the same except that non-E is 60Hz NTSC version versus E is the 50Hz PAL version.

P.

Gan Eden September 11th, 2010 07:45 AM

Sorry to bring up an old thread but in HD, I thought there is no PAL and NTSC?

Also can this VCR record analogue input from say a SVHS camcorder in HD?

TingSern Wong September 11th, 2010 08:09 AM

I am not sure about PAL or NTSC for this tape deck. I have the GV-HD700 here. Working fine for me.

It comes with Firewire S400 input / output. For analog, there is S-Video and composite input (with audio RCA).

As long as your SVHS camcorder can output firewire signals, I can't see any problems for this deck to record in HD signals.

I connect the tape deck to my Canopus NX card and can use it for both input and output of HD materials (on normal mini-DV tapes).

Gan Eden September 11th, 2010 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TingSern Wong (Post 1568255)
I am not sure about PAL or NTSC for this tape deck. I have the GV-HD700 here. Working fine for me.

It comes with Firewire S400 input / output. For analog, there is S-Video and composite input (with audio RCA).

As long as your SVHS camcorder can output firewire signals, I can't see any problems for this deck to record in HD signals.

I connect the tape deck to my Canopus NX card and can use it for both input and output of HD materials (on normal mini-DV tapes).

No, the SVHS only has S-video out and BNC Video out. Its not digital at all.

TingSern Wong September 11th, 2010 08:58 AM

I don't have recorders that output analog HD via S-Video for me to test if the tape deck can record HD via S-Video input.

Mine are either HD-SDI or Firewire S400.

Maybe some other members might be able to help you with your inquiry.

Adam Gold September 11th, 2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gan Eden (Post 1568246)
Sorry to bring up an old thread but in HD, I thought there is no PAL and NTSC?

The frame rates differ so you need the correct one for your region.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gan Eden (Post 1568246)
Also can this VCR record analogue input from say a S VHS camcorder in HD?

No. It will convert the analog VHS output to Digital but the picture won't get any better. It's possible it might put the recording into an HDV wrapper, but it won't really be HD.

Gan Eden September 11th, 2010 09:31 PM

Thanks but I wanted to output the optical image straight to dv bypassing the SVHS recording unit, like a live stream to dv?
I read the Supercam has 700lines.

Adam Gold September 12th, 2010 11:16 AM

Yes, but it's doubtful you'll ever get anything more than 400 lines or so out of those outputs. Possible, I suppose, but not likely.

And your HD700 won't record at more than 480 anyway via the analog inputs, I'm fairly certain.