DVD recorder/ DSR 11 deck at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line

The Long Black Line
Tape, tape and more tape; and decks; HDV, DV, VHS and more.

Old May 7th, 2008, 07:53 AM   #1
Regular Crew

DVD recorder/ DSR 11 deck

I just bought a DVD recorder and I can't copy from my computer or my DVC deck ??? It says its protected ? I had a sony machine a year old that did it fine but I just bought a new Sony 355 and it doesn't work.
John Arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2008, 09:11 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I figured it out, after doing research it looks like Sony has gone overboard on their copy protection and your computer or DV deck sends a signal that is received as protected. I ended up buying a Toshiba and it worked great. Thanks
John Arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2008, 03:29 PM   #3
Major Player

If you mean you have DV files that you are sending out via FireWire then you can use our Enosoft DV Processor to remove the CGMS flags in the DV before it goes out the FireWire. Basically, you use the software to "print to tape" an existing file like with any other program but it resets the CGMS flag to "Copy Freely" on the fly.

BTW, I have a DSR-11 and haven't had any problems sending DV from disk to it. When I try to record a DVD (for testing), the DSR-11 refuses to do so but the converted DV signal can be captured to disk.

I'm curious, though, as to what is apparently generating your DV with the CGMS flag set in the first place.
John Miller is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line