DV Tape Rewinder - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The Long Black Line
Tape, tape and more tape; and decks; HDV, DV, VHS and more.

Old July 24th, 2007, 05:41 PM   #76
Inner Circle

used HC3? They are not the greatest image wise, but built solid, and I think use the same imager as the 5... and not too high on the resale market.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2007, 10:03 PM   #77
Major Player

HV10's are running about $5-600 on ebay...

The problem is they don't like sony tapes, I tried importing Z1 tapes with it...

If you capture the footage w/ a Z1 it's fine, it rewinded/played back fine... just sucked when it came to capturing the Z1 stuff w/ HV10...
Joe Busch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 05:29 AM   #78
Major Player

After 3.5 years, my Sima SRW-62 DV tape rewinder works fine and has never damaged a tape. Unfortunately, they don't seem to sell it anymore. However, the Maxell rewinder shown on the Pro-Tape website that is linked at the beginning of this old thread, looks exactly like the Sima SRW-62 and might be the same item, sold under another brand. Looks aren't always what they seem, so check it out carefully before buying.
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 01:43 PM   #79
Major Player

MY 3 year old SIMA SRW-62 eats tapes

My Sima srw-62 has always been noisy and takes a hard to push to stop/start the rewinder. I have never notice it slowing down at all when it reaches the end of the tape - just slams to a stop. Now when I try using it just crimps and pulls the tape out of the casestte, usually just an inch or two of crimpled tape, but no rewind/fast forward. It is now useless. I would like to find a good "gentle" unit to replace it with. Any recent recomendations / finds?
Thanks - PK
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 07:57 PM   #80
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Kepen View Post
My Sima srw-62 has always been noisy and takes a hard to push to stop/start the rewinder. I have never notice it slowing down at all when it reaches the end of the tape - just slams to a stop. Now when I try using it just crimps and pulls the tape out of the casestte, usually just an inch or two of crimpled tape, but no rewind/fast forward. It is now useless. I would like to find a good "gentle" unit to replace it with. Any recent recomendations / finds?
Thanks - PK
My Sima SRW-62 still does fine after 5 years. I've just changed the batteries for the first time. I don't know of any other brands that would be available, but hopefully someone will provide a suggested model. Unless I trusted a rewinder, I wouldn't use it, as I have two DV VCRs and a DV camcorder that could rewind my HDV tapes.
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 AM   #81
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Stephen McDonald View Post
My Sima SRW-62 still does fine after 5 years. I've just changed the batteries for the first time. I don't know of any other brands that would be available, but hopefully someone will provide a suggested model. Unless I trusted a rewinder, I wouldn't use it, as I have two DV VCRs and a DV camcorder that could rewind my HDV tapes.
I have mine hooked up to the 110v outlet via a 110v AC to 6v DC adapter. Maybe the lower available current via batteries is the answer. I am amazed that you got 5 years out of a set of batteries! Approximtes how many times/tapes do you rewind/FF a year?
thanks - PK
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line