Have used vx2000- which tape to use with it? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line

The Long Black Line
Tape, tape and more tape; and decks; HDV, DV, VHS and more.

Old January 17th, 2004, 01:28 PM   #1
Tourist

Have used vx2000- which tape to use with it?

Hi,

I just acquired a used vx2000 with very little use on it- it's about 2.5 years old with about 20-30 hours on it.

4 tapes total were used with it- two panasonics DVM60 ME linear plus and two sonys Premium DVM60 ME.

I've recorded with it and everything looks fine, and so my question is--

Does it matter at this point, considering the dual brand usage, if I switch to Fujis? or should I stick with sony? I've read the FAQs, but didn't really see an answer to my particular situation.

I purchased some Fuji DVM60 MEs from Best Buy. If these tapes won't cut it, I'll purchase some Panasonic MQs, but I would like some feedback if it matters what tape I go to now since this vx2000 has seen two different brands in its lifetime.

thanks!
John Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2004, 03:22 PM   #2
Inner Circle

If you desire to make a switch to another brand of tape go for it AFTER you use a head cleaning tape PER INSTRUCTIONS to clean the heads. Make sure that you follow the directions that are included in the package of the cleaner tape as some people feel that the longer the tape runs the better it works or they should rewind the tape. WRONG!!!!!!!

Run the tape for the amount of time prescribed by the maker and NO MORE.

I'm emphasizing this only because a friend of mine didn't listen and not only ran the tape WAY too long but actually rewound it and then wondered why the heads on his camera were damaged.

Read the directions, follow them, switch tapes andyou're good to go.

Enjoy your new camera,
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line