Sony Pro Tapes for DV/DVCAM at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The Long Black Line
Tape, tape and more tape; and decks; HDV, DV, VHS and more.

Old July 27th, 2004, 04:36 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony Pro Tapes for DV/DVCAM

I certainly don't want to step on any Sony sales reps toes but my video tape supplier in Melbourne Australia recommended the new (well new in Australia anyway !) Sony DVM60PRO as a substitute to the DVCAM tape. Yes, they don't come with the over protective covers (which are good by the way) but quality is assured. I use them in DVCAM mode and they are such a good tape. I have tried to research the stock before l delved into them but could not seem to track them down, or at least not with the same model number.
The price (l stress that this comparison is from an autralian point of view and may not corrispond to elswhere) is much cheaper than the DVCAM tapes by 15 dollars at worse. In miniDV mode, they shine there too. It's certainly the only tape l keep in my camera case. By the way, if l have made a Sony tape sales rep slam his fist in the air and smile....a years supply of these tapes would not go unappreciated. Regards Michael De Florio
Michael De Florio is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line