DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The Long Black Line (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/long-black-line/)
-   -   Quick question on Panasonic DVM63MQ (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/long-black-line/4554-quick-question-panasonic-dvm63mq.html)

John Locke October 24th, 2002 07:37 AM

Quick question on Panasonic DVM63MQ

I'm in Tokyo where it can be a major trip and language ordeal to find out simple stuff...so can anyone help me out and tell me how many DVM63MQ tapes come in a box? Is it 50?

Here it's hard to even find them. I finally found some at Bic Camera, a huge photo/video retailer, but they only had three on the shelf since they cost about $10 each. Tried to ask my question, but only got these "Why are you speaking English to me?" blank stares.

So, I plan on having a friend from Korea bring over a box on their next trip since they cost less than $5 each there.

Chris Hurd October 24th, 2002 07:57 AM

Five tapes to a box. How many boxes to a case is another question, but I recall seeing one with ten boxes (50 tapes) and a bigger one with 100 boxes (stacked 4x5x5 boxes for a total of 500 tapes). Hard to recall but definitely five tapes per box.

John Locke October 24th, 2002 08:33 AM

Chris,

Actually, I forgot that they are grouped in fives in the little white boxes. So, I'm thinking of a carton, I guess. (50 tapes)

That's what I needed to know. Thanks!

Ed Frazier October 24th, 2002 08:50 AM

I usually order 50 at a time and they come in a Panasonic carton with 10 boxes.

John Locke October 24th, 2002 09:18 AM

Thanks, Ed. Just out of curiosity...what do they cost over there now?

Ed Frazier October 24th, 2002 09:44 AM

Hi John,

The last ones I ordered were $6.89/ea (might require minimum order of 5) or $6.75/100 for the DVM63MQ. The DVM63PQ were $4.79/ea or $4.69/100. I'd love to see one of the site sponsors offer Panasonic tapes for these price so I could buy from them, but so far that has not happened and DVI rules do not allow me to list my source.

Keith Luken October 24th, 2002 11:41 AM

Ed,

Zotzdigital I beleive is a sponser here and they have the PQ tapes for about $4.75 a piece, I don't know about the MQ series tapes though.

Ed Frazier October 24th, 2002 03:31 PM

Thanks keithluken, I'll check with them the next time I order. I had used only MQs until my last order and decided to give the PQs a try. I suspect it is just coincidence, and probably due to a dirty tape path, but in over 120 MQ tapes, I never had a tape jam on rewind. After switching to the PQs, and running 10 or so tapes through my XL1S, I had four tapes in a row jam. It's time for an annual cleaning, so hopefully that will fix the problem.

Keith Luken October 24th, 2002 03:34 PM

Hmm, I am using PQ with no problmes, ran about 6 of them trhough my GL2 and ZR45. Good luck.

John Locke October 25th, 2002 09:49 AM

Thanks for the info, guys. Sounds like the U.S. and Korean prices are pretty similar. Can't imagine why they're double that price in Japan--where they're made!

Chris Hurd October 25th, 2002 10:39 AM

Ed Frazier:

<< I'd love to see one of the site sponsors offer Panasonic tapes for these price so I could buy from them, but so far that has not happened and DVI rules do not allow me to list my source. >>

Many thanks, good suggestion -- I've sent a query in to our sponsor Pro-Tape to see if they can do something like this. Much respect,

Ed Frazier November 1st, 2002 11:14 AM

Chris, your suggestion must have helped. I see that Pro-Tape has lowered their price on the DVM63MQ. Thanks, I'll order my next batch from them.

John Locke November 1st, 2002 11:17 AM

I've got a box of 50 on its way from Korea to Tokyo. That ought to last me awhile.

Thanks for the info.