Now you See it, Now you don't! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line

The Long Black Line
Tape, tape and more tape; and decks; HDV, DV, VHS and more.

Old June 17th, 2005, 10:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Now you See it, Now you don't!

I just finished shooting 2 camera coverage of an event. When I got back home and began digitizing one of the tapes from camera 2, the image and audio were perfectly fine. Then when I rewound the tape to view the material again, there was no picture or audio at all, then video popped up, but horizontal lines containing nothing were all over the image. I know that video and audio were recorded, I've watched it, but now it's gone and sometimes it appears in the horizontal band pattern.

Does anyone know what is going on here?
Old June 18th, 2005, 12:45 AM   #2
Major Player

Sounds like contamination on the heads , try a head cleaning.The tape maybe dirty(dusty) aswell.I suggest you try 1/ clean the heads 2/ capture the entire tape in one shot 3/ dupe to another tape 4/ don't reuse that tape
Jack Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line