boxes and labels at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The Long Black Line
Tape, tape and more tape; and decks; HDV, DV, VHS and more.

Old October 30th, 2002, 06:43 PM   #1
Wrangler

boxes and labels

Need suggestions for clothing and decorating my newly taped cassettes. My #1 idea so far is to buy clear plastic cases for $0.50us each, and using my inkjet printer, make inserts to glue into the front of the case. Then for labels go to an office store and buy label printer paper and make my own the same way.

Are there any better/nicer/economical alternatives to this?
I'd rather have cardboard sleeves for them, but don't know where to buy them localy.

Oh, for my tapes I purchased Memorex T-60 HS tapes from WalMart. 7 pack for about $6us.
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2002, 09:02 AM   #2
Major Player

Dylan, you might try www.polylinecorp.com. I have ordered bulk tape, white paperboard sleeves and corugated mailers from them and been happy with the service and price. Their lables were a little pricy though. They carry all sorts of plastic and paperboard boxes, sleeves, mailers and blank media for VHS, Beta, U-Matic, CD/DVD, Audio Cassette, DAT, etc. They will sell in single unit quantities, but offer discounts for larger orders. If nothing else, you can get some ideas of what is available. For the windowed paperboard sleeves, I think I paid around $.09/each. Maximum protection top loading corrugated mailers were about $.20.
Old October 31st, 2002, 12:11 PM   #3
Wrangler

Ed, the paperboard sleeves are what I need and the price looks good. Thanks!
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line