Uploading lower quality footage (1 CCD) with a 3CCD cam? Problems? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The Long Black Line
Tape, tape and more tape; and decks; HDV, DV, VHS and more.

Old December 2nd, 2005, 04:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Uploading lower quality footage (1 CCD) with a 3CCD cam? Problems?

I have tapes that have footage on it that was shot with a 1 CCD miniDV cam, and I am going to upload it to my computer with a 3CCD camera? Are there going to be any problems with the quality and such?

Shot with Samsung SB-103, uploading with Panasoniv PV-GS65.

TIA!
Derek Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2005, 04:51 PM   #2
Wrangler

The CCD's have nothing to do with the tape drive and firewire ports that are used to transfer footage to your computer. The only possible issues which might arise would be if the heads are out of alignment on either camera. This could cause dropouts reading the tape on the other camera. But if both cameras are in good shape everything should be fine.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2005, 04:56 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff
The CCD's have nothing to do with the tape drive and firewire ports that are used to transfer footage to your computer. The only possible issues which might arise would be if the heads are out of alignment on either camera. This could cause dropouts reading the tape on the other camera. But if both cameras are in good shape everything should be fine.
My GS65 is new...i was just wondering. Because my Samsung shoots with 480 lines, and the Panasoniv shoots in 620 I believe. I thought that might make things grainy or low quality. Thanks for setting me straight!
Derek Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2005, 04:58 PM   #4
Wrangler

620 lines? Not sure what specs you're looking at. In the NTSC world all DV is 720x480. I don't know anything about either of those cameras, but if they're both NTSC DV then you should be fine.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2005, 05:02 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Oh...okay. Thanks!
Derek Lewis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line