Baitswitch: Ordered tapes & got Japanese ones at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The Long Black Line
Tape, tape and more tape; and decks; HDV, DV, VHS and more.

Old January 12th, 2006, 09:35 PM   #1
Tourist

Baitswitch: Ordered tapes & got Japanese ones

I ordered 50 Maxell mini-DV (DVM60SE)pictured on the website w/ the red label I've always used. They came in the mail and they are I guess what they call Japanese Grey Market. Anyhow, the label is kind of blueish and indicates ME, the tape I already use does not. The blue japanese tapes say DVM60SE on the tape. What's the deal? Are they the same tape or are the ones I just got inferior? Thanks for replying if anyone knows what I'm talkin' 'bout.
Leslie Marriott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2006, 08:09 AM   #2
Trustee

Don't get too hot just yet. Manufacturers have been known to change their packaging. Looking at the Maxell site, their PDF on their one and only DV tape is shown in a red label. However since the tape type you indicate is the same for the red and the blue, I wouldn't sweat it.

You can always take 15 seconds and look up an 800 number for Maxell on their web site and call them. You could also call any other tape reseller and ask them if they simply changed packaging.

Here. I'll even save you the 15 seconds it took me.

http://www.maxell-usa.com/Content/Pa...roduct=contact

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line