HVR-M15 or HVR-M25P? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line

The Long Black Line
Tape, tape and more tape; and decks; HDV, DV, VHS and more.

Old September 13th, 2006, 08:52 PM   #1
Trustee

HVR-M15 or HVR-M25P?

I'm not seeing a whole lot extra in the M25P for all the extra cost given that I'm capturing and printing to tape from a computer. Wondering if anyone else has found anything of any real value in the M25P. The LCD screen is nice, the bigger size and more buttons probably puts a client more at ease but beyond that?
Bob Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2006, 12:15 PM   #2
Major Player

I have the same general question. Are folks even buying either deck? I have seen so little talk about them

The M25 I think has HDMI, LCD. But, it is work 1K more? Since I have yet to buy one, I guess I am still wondering. I really would like the LCD though, but ....

Dave
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2006, 02:56 AM   #3
Trustee

Well I've bought the M15 and I'm pretty happy with it. Second day I had it I needed it for the HDV capability.
Transport seems more solid than the trusty old DSR-11, I just leave it set to automatically switch between SD and HDV and that works flawlessly.
I really wanted the 25, way more impressive for the clients but for the life of me I couldn't see the return on it. The LCD is handy, with the 15 you need an extrenal monitor to use the menus but since leaving it in auto I've not had to change the setup so not such a big issue.
The 25 will play out 720p but only out the component outputs i.e. pretty useless feature really.
The other thing is I can hook it up to say a Z1 and record 4.5 hours of HDV, great for events if mains power is available and the camera can stay in the one spot.
Basically it was a business decision, my DSR-11 wasn't going to appreciate in value so it seemed a good time to trade up.
Bob Grant is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line