New camera tape won't budge! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line

The Long Black Line
Tape, tape and more tape; and decks; HDV, DV, VHS and more.

Old January 23rd, 2002, 03:00 PM   #1
Andy Hall

New camera tape won't budge!

Right, we've just got a new jvc gr-dvp1 mini dv cam for work, and i've been testing it out, would you belive my luck the tape is stuck in the camera, im reciving an error message of

"e03 unit in safegaurd mode/remove and reattach battery"

well done that, that don't work, i was wondering does anyone know how to manually remove the tape i.e kick in the eject mechanism so i don't have to admit my ahm, short comings at work and take it to a dealer to get the tape removed (honest theres nothing dodgy on it ;-).

Any help would be great, thanks.

Andy.
Old January 23rd, 2002, 11:29 PM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Andy,

I'm not familiar with your particular camera but the miniDV transport mechanisms of these cameras are quite delicate. If you've exhausted all of the mfr's recommendations your best bet will be to contact JVC for service. I definitely wouldn't even consider playing doctor with it. By your description it sounds like you've gotten a defective unit, for which you have nothing to be embarassed about.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2002, 03:54 AM   #3
Andy Hall

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, makes me feel a lot better about myself, i've been using dv cams for the last 4 years (sonys) at university and i never had a problem with them, although i do remember a tape getting loose in a dubbing deck, but thats by the buy. I've contacted the suppliers of the product to see what the next step is.

Andy

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line