DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The Long Black Line (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/long-black-line/)
-   -   Prblems with Sony HVR-M10E (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/long-black-line/84774-prblems-sony-hvr-m10e.html)

Mick Jenner January 25th, 2007 09:43 AM

Prblems with Sony HVR-M10E

When I first changed from the sony Z1 to the H1 my tapes recorded in the Canon captured OK useing the HVR-M10E deck then I started to get some problems with one tape that would appear to stop for an odd second when captureing and then continue splitting the captured section. This could be seen on the deck when the time would freeze when capture starts again the time would jump the odd second or so, I am now experiencing this problem with nearly all my recently recorded tapes. I know there had been problems with this deck, but I thought that was more an alignment problem which I don't appear to have. I sent the deck to Sony and its just been returned but not fixed ,so I goes back again tomorrow. Lets hope they cure it this time.
Has anybody else experienced any thing similiar. By the way the tapes capture perfectly from the H1

Regards

Mick

Steve Rosen January 25th, 2007 04:55 PM

Sounds more like really dirty heads than alignment, but...

... I had a premiere screening in a theater of a finished film last week and decided to project in HDV from the M10 rather than a DVD for quality..

... When it started, after sitting on PAUSE for about a minute, the first scene froze after a few frames and held for about 20 seconds, then jumped to another scene and froze again - I quickly ran to the booth, rewound and started from the head again and it was fine, played without a hitch for a 30 minute film...

I don't know what that was all about, but maybe it's something similar...

(Film looked terrific projected by the way - 500 seat theater, big screen...)

Mick Jenner January 26th, 2007 01:49 AM

Hi Steve,

I don't think its dirty heads they have been cleaned both by me and Sony, also Sony re-aleigned the heads (well thats what they say). Ant way its now gone back to Sony I will update on its return. For your info here in the UK Sony proffessional have a two year warrenty programe where they collect and return to you within 7 days,if they are unable to repair in that time they loan you a replacement.

Regards

Mick

Mick Jenner January 31st, 2007 12:47 PM

Sony rang me today and stated they could find nothing wrong with the deck all of the settings and alignments were correct. It would appear that this problem may be with the camera. So thats now gone to canon under warrenty to be checked out. I will update later.

Regards

Mick

Mick Jenner January 31st, 2007 03:32 PM

To Chris Hurd,

Having had a long talk to Sony and our camera supplier it would appear that this problem may be down to the XL H1 head alignment as mention on the XL H1 forum last year. Our supplier had a similiar problem with another customer when the camera first came out, the camera was returned to canon where it was aligned and the problem solved. In view of this maybe this thread should be moved back to the XL H1 forum

Regards

Mick

Mick Jenner February 18th, 2007 03:06 AM

Update,

I now have the camera back and Canon have according to their repair invoice

Comments
Tape Path Error - Realeigned tape path. Carried out firmware upgrade.

Rep.-work Adjustment : Tape path
Adjustment : Camera system

To date I have only put one tape through the camera and played back through the Sony without problems.

Lets hope the compatability problem has been resolved, watch this space!

Regards

Mick