DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The Long Black Line (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/long-black-line/)
-   -   DVCam on Ag-DV2500 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/long-black-line/86169-dvcam-ag-dv2500.html)

Andy Tejral February 10th, 2007 03:52 PM

DVCam on Ag-DV2500

Does anyone else have problems playing DVCAm tapes the panny AG-DV2500? I seem to be getting a lot of dropouts and an audio aliasing problem when the captured clip is played back. Playback via analog outs sounds fine.

Anybody heard about this?

Thanks,

Andy Tejral February 13th, 2007 04:15 PM

Hmm. No response. How about this:

Is anyone sucessfully using this deck with DVCam?

Thanks,

David Simpson February 25th, 2007 02:01 PM

ag dv2500

I have this deck and have used it to record to a DVCAM from Final Cut Pro HD timeline. Not sure if that answers your question? I have also captured from the deck.

Do you have the manual? The only thing I can think of as a possible cause would be the three little switches on the front. I don't have the deck in front of me. Basically the input settings. One time not having this set to the right setting prevented me from having audio, another time, a problem outputting to the deck. There is also a switch on the back for PAL or NTSC. That could trip you up too, though wouldn't explain the DVCAM issue if it is specific to DVCAM.

Good luck!

Grant Brennae March 28th, 2007 08:14 PM

Panasonic AG-DV2500 Audio Capture Problem

I have an AG DV-2500 and I believe I am experiencing the same as you Andy...

When capturing in Final Cut the audio is littered with dropouts creating chirps clicks and beeps throughout the audio.

Interestingly enough though those artifacts are not there if you hook up an amplifier to the RCA outputs of the AG DV-2500 it seems to be only through the firewire.

I have been searching desperately for an answer for almost a year now and have not been able to find anything. When I first bought the unit it worked great, then slowly over time more and more artifacts became noticeable to the point I can't even use the deck anymore because they are so rampant. I've had the head professionally cleaned and still no luck.

If anyone can offer ANY help it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Andy Tejral March 29th, 2007 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grant Brennae (Post 650441)
I have an AG DV-2500 and I believe I am experiencing the same as you Andy...

I'm guessing it has something to do with the locked/unlocked audio. But I think we're hosed. I only use it for viewing now and use my camera to capture.

Looking back, it seems a bad idea using a Panny for a Sony format.

Grant Brennae March 29th, 2007 07:12 PM

I agree I found it odd that a Panasonic was designed to playback DVCAM and not their own DVCPro... But the strange thing is it used to work... and then it slowly got worse and worse... And it's not only playing back DVCAM it does it with MiniDV as well.

A friend of mine who's an engineer suggested it could be the transcoding process in the deck for transmission over fire wire. Doesn't really make sense to me if that was the case then why would it slowly get worse, with digital it either works or it doesn't.

I pretty much give up. The unit is out of warranty, and sadly it only has about 70 hours on the heads. What a waste of the $2000 I paid for it a few years back. I'm afraid to send it in to get serviced because of the cost, by the time I do that I should have probably just bought a new deck.

Andy Tejral March 29th, 2007 09:29 PM

I'm pretty sure mine didn't work from day one. But I was preoccupied with other things and "I'll deal with that later."

Well, its not the biggest mistake in video purchasing. Anybody wanna buy a Draco Cube?

Daniel Epstein March 30th, 2007 08:10 AM

Sounds like an alignment issue which could be adjusted by a technician. Panasonic may have shipped it that way in one case and wear and tear has pushed it slightly out of spec