miniDV to Beta SP at

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line

The Long Black Line
Tape, tape and more tape; and decks; HDV, DV, VHS and more.

Old April 14th, 2003, 07:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew
miniDV to Beta SP

I am working on a project where I will need to convert my final video into Beta SP (?) format (I'm not really familiar with it). What is the best way to do this? I can create a final video in AVI, MPEG-2/DVD, miniDV, or VHS. Of course the AVI or miniDV formats will be the best quality.

I am guessing the best way is to send my miniDV final video somewhere so it can be transferred to the Beta format. Any examples of where can this be done?

Bruce A. Christenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2003, 08:04 PM   #2
A post house in a larger city, many TV stations have Beta SP and might help you out. Get a Yellow Pages from the nearest large city and check under Video Production for companies that offer Beta SP.
Jeff Donald
Carpe Diem

Search for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2003, 10:02 AM   #3
Any professional dub house can do it. For best quality make sure they have a DVCAM deck that gives component output. Component output from the DV deck to component input on the Betacam deck will be the best quality. Second best quality will be S-video output from the DVCAM deck to S-input of the Betacam deck. Not quite as good as the component, but very acceptable and most wouldn't notice the difference. What will not be good is if they do a composite-to-composite transfer--that will be noticeably softer than your original. The component transfer will be practically identical.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line