miniDV to Beta SP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line

The Long Black Line
Tape, tape and more tape; and decks; HDV, DV, VHS and more.

Old April 14th, 2003, 07:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

miniDV to Beta SP

I am working on a project where I will need to convert my final video into Beta SP (?) format (I'm not really familiar with it). What is the best way to do this? I can create a final video in AVI, MPEG-2/DVD, miniDV, or VHS. Of course the AVI or miniDV formats will be the best quality.

I am guessing the best way is to send my miniDV final video somewhere so it can be transferred to the Beta format. Any examples of where can this be done?

Thanks
[bac]
Bruce A. Christenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2003, 08:04 PM   #2
Warden

A post house in a larger city, many TV stations have Beta SP and might help you out. Get a Yellow Pages from the nearest large city and check under Video Production for companies that offer Beta SP.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2003, 10:02 AM   #3
Contributor

Any professional dub house can do it. For best quality make sure they have a DVCAM deck that gives component output. Component output from the DV deck to component input on the Betacam deck will be the best quality. Second best quality will be S-video output from the DVCAM deck to S-input of the Betacam deck. Not quite as good as the component, but very acceptable and most wouldn't notice the difference. What will not be good is if they do a composite-to-composite transfer--that will be noticeably softer than your original. The component transfer will be practically identical.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line