The Date of a tape??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The Long Black Line
Tape, tape and more tape; and decks; HDV, DV, VHS and more.

Old May 24th, 2007, 06:57 PM   #1
Tourist

The Date of a tape???

Hi everyone,

I'm not really a video person but I do need some info and help. I'm working on a video documentary about medial tests and trials. See I have come in possession of some video tapes that might have some important information about the conditions of a medial trial. It's important information that the public deserves to know. My question is how can I determent the date the footage was shot? It looks as if the tapes (VHS) are copies so I can't call the tape maker to find out when they were sold. Is there anything in the video itself? Would someone be able to tell what kind of camera they used?

Thank you for any help you can give.

ps when I get the footage online I'd love you guys to take a look at it and tell me what you think. If there is anything there that I missed.
Maria Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 06:10 PM   #2
Tourist

Can anyone here help at all?

I uploaded a bit of one video on youtube. I know it's hard since they turn it into flash (I think) but can anyone put a date to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNbdARI2TYg
Maria Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 12:44 AM   #3
Major Player

Maria, I'm afraid you're out of luck. There's no data code with the VHS format that I'm aware of. And even if there were, the gear that shot, edited & copied it would have to have data code technology as well.

Todays digital formats have this capability, but your material being VHS isn't going to reveal what you want.

Good luck,
Bill
Bill Busby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 12:52 AM   #4
Major Player

Oye... well I believe I should have taken a look at the video you posted before my reply. All this looks like to me is just unbelievably bad acting. How can you take this seriously?

Bill
Bill Busby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2007, 07:24 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Ok....um....What the hell?
Jeremy Teman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The Long Black Line