Just bought Quickstream at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > MCE QuickStream DV
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

MCE QuickStream DV
Specifically for the QuickStream DV Portable Hard Disk Recorder.

Old September 23rd, 2004, 12:23 AM   #1
New Boot

Just bought Quickstream

I just received my new Quickstream disc recorder. So far so good. No dropouts. Audio is right where it should be. I was really worried when I read this thread that I would have problems with it. I would have liked a FS-3 for my JVC dv5000 but the price was a little too steep. ( Now I find out there is an fs-4 coming out at the same price I paid for my Quickstream. lol, that's my luck.) Reading the flashing lights is kind of hard to get used to. But after a thorough read of the short manual, I got the hang of it. I plugged it into my camera recorded some shots, took it to my computer and there were my files. No loss in quality with a six second buffer. Perhaps the second generation fixed alot of the bugs that were happening before. I just thought I would pass along my thoughts on the Quickstream. If anything wierd happens with it I will let you know.
Old September 23rd, 2004, 12:31 PM   #2
Major Player

Thanks George. I am looking into getting one of these.
Old October 11th, 2004, 02:29 PM   #3
Contributor

I'm replying a bit late here.

But thanks for the info, keep us posted. It's nice to hear something positive for a change.

Frankenstein meets XL1

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > MCE QuickStream DV