small, inexpensive HD camera? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems

Micro / POV Camera Systems
Covering the GoPro HERO and other small Point-Of-View video cameras.

Old June 15th, 2010, 03:53 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Tim: It looks like the start of a North Korean horror flick. The special effects guys could save a lot of money.

I got one of the early Heros .. it was pretty useless unless you had Colorado sunshine. I hooked it onto the nose of my skateboard. That was fun.. All play is good.

Jim
Jim Cancil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 09:32 PM   #17
Major Player

I've been playing around a little with the HD Hero... I'll post something when I get some stuff together.

Yes...good fun indeed.
Old June 16th, 2010, 07:30 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Look forward to seeing it Tim. I have also been windsurfing with three 1080p GoPro cameras. Once I send out a few projects with deadlines I plan on putting up some fun clips. Amazing where you can put these and just let them run.
Old June 16th, 2010, 10:29 AM   #19
Major Player

Yes, all these little cameras (not just the GoPro) are a small investment for the amount of weird "out-of-the-box" visualization you can do with them.

That underwater footage was done while I was on vacation, so it was just a fun thing. Everyone enjoyed looking at the footage and the stills without donning wetsuits and scuba tanks... The darn things paid for themselves right there as far as I was concerned (not to mention that I recently used the roller handle extension to paint my office walls).

For what they are, they're great. I also have to advocate the GoPro mounting hardware...it's a pretty well thought-out collection of little gadgets that do their job quite well.

The GoPro 3d rig will be fun to see once it's out, too. It was on display at NAB.
Old June 16th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #20
Inner Circle

Agree Tim fun little tools. Not the footage I can get from the Canon HF10 and not even close to my EX, F800 or similar but for nice short dramatic cuts.

I used a GoPro last year on a Mountain Bike video in Moab along with a CountorHD 720p and both did a great job for fast cuts mixed in. With the GoPro you get waterproof which for me is a must. So when they were 1/3 off at NAB I purchased a few more.

I will second the mounting hardware the offer most of what you need and it lets you be creative.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems