GoPro Hero 2 Issues? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Micro / POV Camera Systems
Covering the GoPro HERO and other small Point-Of-View video cameras.

Old March 6th, 2012, 09:38 AM   #1
Regular Crew

GoPro Hero 2 Issues?

Is there any truth to the review on Amazon of the Hero 2 having some quality issues with the video? I’m really considering ordering one of these, but $300 is a lot of money for what it is form me personally and possibly out of the question if there are quality concerns with the images.
Jason Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2012, 10:55 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: GoPro Hero 2 Issues?

In full sunlight, images are gorgeous. In low light, there is quite a bit of grain. For $300, I was surprised at how sharp the images are corner to corner. Get one and decide for yourself. If you don't like it, return it.
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I bought one and I like it. It's compact and some what minimal design. Not an attraction of theft.

I have the motorsport edition. I think I feel much more secure to mount that light little camera on windshield than mounting a thousand dollar DSLR on it.

Quality-wise, yes just like Warren said, day light is great. In dark, I got lots some halo around any light source.
Old March 7th, 2012, 05:40 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Great POV camera that pretty much can be mounted any where for the action/fun shots. I bought it knowing it would be for that not my main camera. Very nice as stated buy it and try it and if it's not for you bring it back or sell it online. Its like my iPhone 4s great video in good lighting but in low to no light I will add more light or I won't use it. I'm very happy with mine
Gerald OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #5
Regular Crew

The reviewer was complaining about ‘color shift’ and this is all I see that is on the net of what he is saying; Gopro Hero2 - color shifting - bug? - YouTube
Jason Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #6
Trustee

That shifting color was a bug with some GP2s, but if you update the firmware with the latest release, it's all good. Fortunately I've never experienced any problems.
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #7
Major Player

It was mostly in colder conditions the color bug happened, but as the previous poster said, the FW update fix 99% of these.
Ian Newland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems