DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Micro / POV Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/micro-pov-camera-systems/)
-   -   Sneak Peek at Sony POV (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/micro-pov-camera-systems/508891-sneak-peek-sony-pov.html)

Lynne Whelden September 27th, 2012 12:25 PM

Re: Sneak Peek at Sony POV

Don, I only just bought my first "trak phone," not cell phone mind you, a month ago (and didn't bother to renew it after the first month ran out). So I understand your confusion. I was thinking maybe the software came on a cd but I'm assuming it must come from a Sony web site. Here's a useful video on wi-fi's usage with the Action Cam:
Sony Action Camera WiFi Demo (HDR-AS15) - YouTube

Mark Rosenzweig September 27th, 2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Litten (Post 1755475)
It doesn't appear the adhesive mounts are available either.

Adhesive mounts are included with the camera. you get two - one curved and one flat. also comes with waterproof housing.

Don Litten September 27th, 2012 06:54 PM

I know Mark but I buy them by the dozen for the GoPros. Lots of things to stick them on.

Mark Rosenzweig September 27th, 2012 07:04 PM

Well, others may not know what you are saying or what comes with the camera. In any case, what you are saying about *extra* adhesive mounts not being available is untrue:

Sony Action Cam Adhesive Mount Pack | Action Cam Mounts | VCT-AM1 | Sony USA

They are available from Sony, in stock, and ship nextday. So, I don't get what you are using as information.

Don Litten September 27th, 2012 07:52 PM

Thanks!
I looked in the Sony Store and on Amazon and couldn't find them.

Pricy aren't they! Hopefully the aftermarket folks will get on them pretty fast. Until then, I'm making an adapter to use GOPro mounts.

Don Litten September 27th, 2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne Whelden (Post 1755553)
Don, I only just bought my first "trak phone," not cell phone mind you, a month ago (and didn't bother to renew it after the first month ran out). So I understand your confusion. I was thinking maybe the software came on a cd but I'm assuming it must come from a Sony web site. Here's a useful video on wi-fi's usage with the Action Cam:
Sony Action Camera WiFi Demo (HDR-AS15) - YouTube

Thanks Lynn. I was under the impression the memories app was just to play the files over WiFi.
That explains it completely.

Woody Sanford September 27th, 2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Litten (Post 1755608)
I know Mark but I buy them by the dozen for the GoPros. Lots of things to stick them on.

I actually stuck my flat one to the hook side of velcro and use velcro to mount to most things. Cuts down on how many I'd need, now I might just need a half dozen rather than buying the bulk packs to stick one on everything. Some things don't need to be that secure.

Don Litten September 27th, 2012 09:41 PM

That's a good idea Woody and a lot of the mounts I use like magnets, wireless pan & tilt I built and my Jib/crane, use a standard 1/4" tripod mount.

Paul Cronin September 28th, 2012 09:35 AM

Just sold all of my GoPro gear to move to this camera. Wifi will be a huge help for my use. Thanks for all the info posted and look forward to my first two cameras.

Woody Sanford September 28th, 2012 01:45 PM

Just went and played in a stained creek. I don't have much for clear water around me.

Sony HDR AS15 playing in the creek - YouTube

Don Litten September 29th, 2012 09:42 AM

Today's test was a learning experience. I learned it fogs worse than a GoPro. I need to see if there's enough space in the case for few grains of rice.

Noa Put September 29th, 2012 11:01 AM

posted under wrong topic: deleted

Duane Steiner September 29th, 2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Litten (Post 1755865)
Today's test was a learning experience. I learned it fogs worse than a GoPro. I need to see if there's enough space in the case for few grains of rice.

I think Sony will be coming out with anti-fog things to put in the case.

Lynne Whelden September 29th, 2012 12:28 PM

A couple tech questions....

1-Are Class 6 SD cards sufficient for use here?
2-Will Rycote's "micro windjammer" (dead cat) mic covers that work with 10mm diameter mics sufficient for use here?

Mark Rosenzweig September 29th, 2012 12:52 PM

1. Class 6 is fine.

2. I have windjammers; one is large enough to cover both mics but you will have to trim them to fit as the mic holes are close to the lens.