GoBandit 'Live' camera mini review at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Micro / POV Camera Systems
Covering the GoPro HERO and other small Point-Of-View video cameras.

Old August 1st, 2012, 11:38 PM   #1
Major Player

GoBandit 'Live' camera mini review

I just picked up a GoBandit Live ($399, "Race" model is $299). The only reason you'd consider getting one of these over a GoPro is if you're looking for data overlay. Specifically speed, G-forces, and gyro which are skinned onto the video with software that you download from their website. That being said, the GoBandit Studio software is currently in beta and in all my tests and according to posts on their support forum it crashes whenever you try to skin videos. So skins don't work, when the only reason you'd want this camera is for skins. Video quality is also not on par with the Hero2, and the audio is worse.

The one thing I like is that the Live version can transmit it's picture over wifi to an iOS device with their app (at around 2-3fps) to use it as a viewfinder. You can also change camera settings with the app.

I'd strongly recommend that people DO NOT BUY until GoBandit sorts out their software.

Here are a few comparison photos vs a Hero2.
Attached Thumbnails
GoBandit 'Live' camera mini review-dsc05194.jpg   GoBandit 'Live' camera mini review-dsc05195.jpg  

GoBandit 'Live' camera mini review-dsc05197.jpg   GoBandit 'Live' camera mini review-dsc05198.jpg  

GoBandit 'Live' camera mini review-dsc05205.jpg   GoBandit 'Live' camera mini review-dsc05193.jpg  

Matt Sharp is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems