GoPro Kit Sponsorship at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems

Micro / POV Camera Systems
Covering the GoPro HERO and other small Point-Of-View video cameras.

Old October 14th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #1
New Boot

GoPro Kit Sponsorship

Hi..

Im looking for a company to sponsor a local charity in the uk who are doing a massive charity Bije ride the length of the uk. We are in need of 2 or 3 gopro's to film the event.

I have emailed gopro itself, and was put in touch with a french supplier, but had no response, so wondered if anyone had any ideas?

paul
Paul Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: GoPro Kit Sponsorship

Buy them...
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #3
New Boot

wow..helpful..

the whole point of the bike ride is to raise as much money as possible for the rare condition Batten Disease.
So any costs we put on them takes away from the amount raised.
Old October 14th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #4
Trustee

Who is going to hold them/own them/use them after the event is over?
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #5
Inner Circle

It may be better to ask for someone to come out and help cover the event if they have the correct gear. I routinely volunteer to provide media coverage for local charities here in my local area.

How I read your OP it sounds as if you are looking for someone to give you the cameras to keep. If true that may be a challenging goal to accomplish. In my opinion you will be better served getting people to help that are able to get the shots you need instead of getting gear itself donated.
Old October 14th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #6
New Boot

we have the knowledge and kit to cover the 2 week ride. we also as a company own a go pro. the idea is the mount gopros to the bikes and support car. thus the need for the extra kit. also i would not expect to be 'keeping' the kit afterwards..i was working on the presumption they would be loaned in exchange the companies name been used in advertising and promo material.

like i said, this is a small charity in the UK, which we are helping and supporting. any costs need to be kept down to a minimum.
Old October 14th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #7
Major Player

GoPro receive thousands of requests of this type and filtering out the genuine from the "freebie seekers" is very time consuming. You would be better off hiring a few GoPros or just asking friends can you borrow their camera for a few days. Chances are some of the people doing the ride will also own GOpros, just ask them for the footage.

If your intention is to produce a promo event video or short report on the ride, one GOpro should be enough if you vary the shots and be creative, you only need a 5 - 10min finished hi lights video to cover events of this type if you post on YouTube, any longer people won't watch it.

I do outdoor event videos for a living, this is how I approach events of this type including the charity ones I do for free. My reward is beng part of it and having fun.
Ian Newland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 06:53 AM   #8
New Boot

Ian, your website says your sponsored by GoPro. how did you go about getting that? What does that mean?
Old October 15th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Robinson View Post
Ian, your website says your sponsored by GoPro. how did you go about getting that? What does that mean?
I was one of the early sponsored video producers back in 2006, one of my videos was used exclusively as their promo video for 3 mths on the front page of their original website. Back then before they were really popular, people actively promoting GoPro were looked after with multiple cameras and boxes of mounts etc. and when new cameras were introduced they were updated. This is what helped GoPrp grow, of course now there are millions of customers videos on YouTube and thousands of affiliates that partner with GoPro.

GoPro referred you to your local reseller, that is probably your best point of contact to submit a proposal. Keep in mind, although you say you're doing this for a charity, it's a two way street, there has to be a benefit for both parties in a partnership arrangement.

Good luck.

Last edited by Ian Newland; October 15th, 2012 at 06:05 PM.
Ian Newland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #10
New Boot

Yes, i have contacted the local supplier...who is france...im in the uk? explained everything with links and references to the charity. also included our proposal for promotion from our side, of them, on anything we do. i have not heard back so not looking hopeful, but if you dont ask..you never get!
Old November 6th, 2012, 03:17 AM   #11

Seems nobody is willing to help you Paul. Very sad. Wish I could
Lee Mullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #12
Tourist

The UK importer for GoPro is Madison (madison.co.uk) I'd sugest you try them or one of their stockists like DogCam (dogcamsport.co.uk). Who knows they may lend you a couple. Failing that maybe rent a few, or buy them, use for the event, then sell them off straight after.
Stephen Waller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #13
Major Player

Another option might be to get some units (donations or outright purchase) for a raffle, if that's legal in your neck of the woods. The market for the raffle tickets could be pretty large.
Jim Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #14
Major Player

I dunno about where you are, but they're relatively cheap to rent here...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems