GoPro Hero3 vs Hero2 Comparison & Review - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems

Micro / POV Camera Systems
Covering the GoPro HERO and other small Point-Of-View video cameras.

Old November 15th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Re: GoPro Hero3 vs Hero2 Comparison & Review

So mine is en route back to GoPro, their tech support were really nice but their primary theory that it was the memory I had bought. The memory I purchased was the same as they have on their site but was bought through Amazon. As they asked I'll point out that it was from Amazon and not a random seller. I had two 64 gig cards that were bought at different times. Regardless, as I couldn't get it to work with either of them felt it was best to send it back now and get a new unit as I wasn't getting anywhere with the first one. Crossing my fingers that somehow I just got a bad one of the bunch. We'll see.

- Ray
Old November 15th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Thanks for the info Raymond.

Did you have to repackage the camera and accessories in the original packaging or did you just send the camera? Did they have you try resetting the camera (which involves holding the shutter button down continuously while doing a sequence of steps)?
Alan Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Resetting never came up in my conversation with tech support. Only had to send back the body, was specifically told to make sure to remove and hold onto the battery and memory. Thank God I didn't have to repackage it cuz I couldn't put it back they way they sent it to save my life!

- Ray
Old November 18th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Hi Dean

Now, when I fitted the WiFi Remote the camera ran for exactly 13 seconds and froze ..with or without Protune so they replaced the complete kit and now it's fine!!

Sounds definately like a software bug to me!!

Chris
Chris,
I think you may be onto something here. I just bought a Wi-Fi Remote and BacPac for my Hero2.

Yesteday, I used both together for about three hours in video mode only. The Hero2 would constantly lockup up at different times. Only solution was to remove the battery. This occurred at least three times. I thought it might be an issue of resolution, so I tried different resolutions (720P, 960, 1080P). At different resolutions the same freezing occurred.

Today, I am using the Hero2 sans (without) the BacPac and Remote purely by starting/stopping the video from the Hero2 chassis. So far, I've recorded three videos:
1) one at 720P/60 for 35 minutes that I manually stopped at the 35 minute mark, just to make sure the camera wasn't locked up as I experienced yesterday. Protune on.
2) one at 720P/60 that is 1hr 10m long that I manually stopped at the 1hr 10m minute mark. Protune off.
3) one at 1080P/30 that is about 1hr long that stopped automatically after my 32GB SDHC card finally filled up. Protune on.

During these tests I had the Hero2 body plugged in to USB wall power.

So I definetly think the bug that exists is triggered by a bad interaction with the wireless functionality.
scott
Scott Frase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #35

Seems the NTSC ones are playing up?
Lee Mullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 06:25 AM   #36
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalan Salur View Post
Seems the NTSC ones are playing up?
AFAIK there is only one model & they are all switchable between NTSC & PAL.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems