GoPro Hero 3 - battery draining while off at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Micro / POV Camera Systems
Covering the GoPro HERO and other small Point-Of-View video cameras.

Old March 14th, 2013, 03:55 AM   #1
New Boot

GoPro Hero 3 - battery draining while off

Hey just a heads up for anyone experiencing their Hero 3 draining the battery while turned off (over the course of a few hours), the solution seems to be doing a manual reflash of the firmware. When I had bought my Hero 3 I did the automated update thru GoPro but noticed that my camera would go from fully charged to completely dead overnight while turned off. GoPro support had me do the manual flash by copying the firmware files into the memory card and power cycling the camera. Seems to have fixed this.
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:12 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: GoPro Hero 3 - battery draining while off

Thank you for the suggestion, Paul.

I noticed that I was able to get more than 4 hours of run time with a battery BacPac, then something happened and the run time dropped to 2.5 hours. I used the online updater.

I'm using the manual update now, and will see how it works out.
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Lezica View Post
Hey just a heads up for anyone experiencing their Hero 3 draining the battery while turned off (over the course of a few hours), the solution seems to be doing a manual reflash of the firmware. When I had bought my Hero 3 I did the automated update thru GoPro but noticed that my camera would go from fully charged to completely dead overnight while turned off. GoPro support had me do the manual flash by copying the firmware files into the memory card and power cycling the camera. Seems to have fixed this.
I second your concern...
I dont trust the battery life at all !!!
Amr Toukhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 04:04 AM   #4
Trustee

I'm new to GoPro, but I have seen on my camera that after turned off, it still is blinking blew (remote control on). I have to turn off the remote with the button on the side. If I don't turn off the remote control on the camera, will it not drain the battery?
Old April 9th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #5
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geir Inge View Post
I'm new to GoPro, but I have seen on my camera that after turned off, it still is blinking blew (remote control on). I have to turn off the remote with the button on the side. If I don't turn off the remote control on the camera, will it not drain the battery?
I'd assume that having the wifi enabled while the camera is off will likely drain your battery though I'm unsure at what speed it would do this. The issue I originally had, I made sure the wifi control was off but it still nuked itself pretty quick.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems