DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Micro / POV Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/micro-pov-camera-systems/)
-   -   Hero 2 bacpac on a Hero 3 - Issue (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/micro-pov-camera-systems/515181-hero-2-bacpac-hero-3-issue.html)

Dan Burnap March 20th, 2013 09:35 AM

Hero 2 bacpac on a Hero 3 - Issue

At first I was pleased I could use my Hero 2 bacpac on my Hero 3 Black. The battery indicator on the Hero 3 LCD even divides up into 6 segments instead of the usual 3 when the pac is connected.

However, after much testing I found out why my Hero 3 would suddenly switch off when recording after a few minutes. It was due to the hero 2 bacpac. Take that off and it records in any format until the battery runs out. I am using a Sandisk 64gb class 10 BTW with latest firmware.

I really need to record longer than the battery will allow so looks like I'm resigned to paying for an official hero 3 bacpac and cant make use of the hero 2 one which is a shame, especially as the new bacpac is very expensive.

I'd like to confirm with anyone who can, that the hero 3 bacpacs do work as supposed to and my problem is limited to my hero 2 one and not anything else?

Thanks

Gordon Hoffman March 21st, 2013 07:39 AM

Re: Hero 2 bacpac on a Hero 3 - Issue

I've used my old battery backpac on the Hero3 Black a few times with no problem. I was not using the remote though.

Gordon

Bill Davis March 22nd, 2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Burnap (Post 1785494)
At first I was pleased I could use my Hero 2 bacpac on my Hero 3 Black. The battery indicator on the Hero 3 LCD even divides up into 6 segments instead of the usual 3 when the pac is connected.

However, after much testing I found out why my Hero 3 would suddenly switch off when recording after a few minutes. It was due to the hero 2 bacpac. Take that off and it records in any format until the battery runs out. I am using a Sandisk 64gb class 10 BTW with latest firmware.

I really need to record longer than the battery will allow so looks like I'm resigned to paying for an official hero 3 bacpac and cant make use of the hero 2 one which is a shame, especially as the new bacpac is very expensive.

I'd like to confirm with anyone who can, that the hero 3 bacpacs do work as supposed to and my problem is limited to my hero 2 one and not anything else?

Thanks

Dan,

GoPro usually has a pretty large and well staffed booth at NAB. Since the show is next week, if you want me to ask any of the technical staff about that issue, I'd be happy to jot down a note to ask them.

If you solve the issue with info from elsewhere, post it here so I know.

Take care.

Dean Sensui March 25th, 2013 01:04 AM

I've been running my GoPro Hero 3 Blacks with the Hero 2 battery BacPacs without a problem.

It reccords continuously for about 2.5 hours with both batteries and WiFi turned off. I was able to get it to go more than 4 hours but don't know why neither camera is doing that now.

I'm using 64 GB SDXC Sandisk Class 10 cards.

Dan Burnap March 25th, 2013 04:31 PM

Bill, if you wouldn't mind asking them then that would be great!, thanks

Bill Davis March 26th, 2013 05:13 PM

I'll put it on my notes page in my iPad NAB "to do" list.
(no guarantee I'll get a chance to ask, but I'll certainly try.)