DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Micro / POV Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/micro-pov-camera-systems/)
-   -   Sandisk admits its micro SDHC has problems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/micro-pov-camera-systems/515423-sandisk-admits-its-micro-sdhc-has-problems.html)

Ian Newland March 29th, 2013 05:04 PM

Sandisk admits its micro SDHC has problems

SanDisk cops to malfunctioning Micro SDs in Galaxy S3s ? The Register

"SanDisk has been made aware of potential product issues involving a very small percentage of its 32GB and 64GB SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSD cards. Under certain circumstances the cards may lock up and the card becomes inaccessible. The issue has been identified and a manufacturing fix has already been put in place. SanDisk stands behind its products and any customer who experiences this issue with the microSD cards cards is asked to contact the SanDisk support center for a resolution immediately"

No doubt this will explain a few things.

Chris DeVoe April 1st, 2013 03:46 PM

Re: Sandisk admits its micro SDHC has problems

I just bought three of their MicroSDs at CostCo to use in my GoPros. Am I going to have trouble?

Chris DeVoe April 2nd, 2013 10:28 AM

Tested my Sandisk MicroSD cards in my GoPros last night, and they worked fine.

Panagiotis Raris April 3rd, 2013 05:57 PM

hmm, i had that problem with two 64GB Class 10 MicroSDHC's in my GS3; i sent the phone in and got both the cards replaced under warranty as well as the phone; guess it was the cards after all.

I have a 64GB C10 in the GS3 now, and an older 16GB C4; maybe ill switch to that and get the 64GB refunded. Really ticked me off; i was overseas and had music, pictures, demo reel, etc all on it too when it happened the 1st time.

They worked just fine in the T2i's with the adapters, even with ML and pushing the codec a bit, but 2 months in the phone one dies, replacement died two weeks after i got back and got it; got phone replaced and 3rd mSD card hasnt acted up yet, 2 months down the road. JUST in time for it to die at NAB.

Brent Kaplan April 6th, 2013 11:45 AM

my 64gb sandisk worked fine since i got my hero3 black and then on a shoot the card failed, they are trying to recover the footage but chances arent good, really disappointing.

Lynne Whelden April 10th, 2013 07:23 AM

Has Sandisk indentified a batch or serial number (I see there's a bar code # on the back of the blister packs)?
I've got 9 of these 64 GB cards and I'm heading over to Israel to shoot a documentary with the Hero 3 in 5 days!

Ian Newland April 10th, 2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne Whelden (Post 1789828)
Has Sandisk indentified a batch or serial number (I see there's a bar code # on the back of the blister packs)?
I've got 9 of these 64 GB cards and I'm heading over to Israel to shoot a documentary with the Hero 3 in 5 days!

Exchange them for the Extreme Pro version, capacity is smaller though.