DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Micro / POV Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/micro-pov-camera-systems/)
-   -   GoPro App 2.0 sneak peak (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/micro-pov-camera-systems/517157-gopro-app-2-0-sneak-peak.html)

Harry Pallenberg June 12th, 2013 04:40 PM

GoPro App 2.0 sneak peak

Folks over at Gizmodo got a sneak... Can;t wait to be able to watch what I just shot.

GoPro Software Update Hands-On: Easier Sharing, Awesomer Videos

Chris DeVoe June 21st, 2013 10:55 PM

Re: GoPro App 2.0 sneak peak

The review didn't cover the most important potential feature for me - being about to put multiple HD Heros on the same WI-FI network and switch between them in the app. Closing the App, changing the network, and re-launching just to switch cameras is painful, especially in a concert situation.

Mike Beckett July 22nd, 2013 06:50 AM

That would be amazing, Chris. I too find switching from one GoPro to another on the iPhone to be a painful process, and I only use two of them. It's not a quick process either.

I don't know if it's something that can be addressed in the App though. As it currently stands, it's up to the phone to connect to the camera's Wi-Fi, and the phone can only connect to one Wi-Fi network at a time. At least that's what my iPhone does - I can connect to my Hero 2 Wi-Fi, the Hero 3 Wi-Fi, my home fibre connection, the house next door, but I can't connect to two at once.

Is it possible to have two cameras on the same network? I mean, is it possible in theory to have two devices simultaneously saying they are "mb gopro wi-fi" and not clash somehow? It would probably need something in between the cameras and the phone to act as a proxy or something.

For me, it looks like it would be better to get a couple of basic Android tablets for this purpose, but that's more to carry and not a cheap fix.

Derran Rootring July 24th, 2013 06:07 PM

Looking forward to this update.
Will be nice to be able to play back footage through the new app. That it's low resolution is no problem. And perhaps the V 3.0 app will support live streaming. Probably not. ;)

Hope it will be released soon!

Eugen Oprina July 25th, 2013 03:36 PM

If you just need to start and stop recording for multiple gopros in the same time you can use the included remote control. It works well with one condition: the cameras and the remote must be in the "legal" range :)

Ian Newland July 30th, 2013 03:50 AM

GoPro have just released the new Version 2 of the App TODAY and also a firmware update for all the HD3 cameras as well as firmware update for HD2. Go to the GoPro website.

Harry Pallenberg July 30th, 2013 12:28 PM

Can't wait for the early testers to report back.

Derran Rootring July 31st, 2013 11:21 AM

I created a quick demo of the new app in action:

Harry Pallenberg August 6th, 2013 10:01 AM

Just finished the update now... I was able to get landscape to work more than 1/2 the time... but not 100%. So far everything else is all good. Running some long capture tests now to see if it crashes. Very nice to be able to playback the clips!

Chris DeVoe October 13th, 2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Beckett (Post 1805610)
That would be amazing, Chris. I too find switching from one GoPro to another on the iPhone to be a painful process, and I only use two of them. It's not a quick process either.

I don't know if it's something that can be addressed in the App though. As it currently stands, it's up to the phone to connect to the camera's Wi-Fi, and the phone can only connect to one Wi-Fi network at a time. At least that's what my iPhone does - I can connect to my Hero 2 Wi-Fi, the Hero 3 Wi-Fi, my home fibre connection, the house next door, but I can't connect to two at once.

Is it possible to have two cameras on the same network? I mean, is it possible in theory to have two devices simultaneously saying they are "mb gopro wi-fi" and not clash somehow? It would probably need something in between the cameras and the phone to act as a proxy or something.

For me, it looks like it would be better to get a couple of basic Android tablets for this purpose, but that's more to carry and not a cheap fix.

The firmware of the camera indicates that they can join a network, as opposed to the phone and tablet mode. So you'd ether have to manually put them on the network at the venue, or carry your own network wi-fi router, and put the cameras and your tablet/laptop on that.