Infrared POV cameras? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Micro / POV Camera Systems
Covering the GoPro HERO and other small Point-Of-View video cameras.

Old September 1st, 2013, 06:32 PM   #1
Trustee

Infrared POV cameras?

Does anybody know of any compact/action/POV cameras that have infrared capabilities? At the moment I am looking at modifying a couple of GoPro Hero 2's but was wondering if there is an easier off the shelf option available.
John Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2013, 01:22 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Infrared POV cameras?

Hi John,

Have you checked the offerings from ragecams.com or the Novo at radiantimages.com?
Can I ask what modifications you are thinking of?
Alastair Traill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 07:30 AM   #3
Trustee

Yep Alistair I had checked out the Ragecams options - however I needed several cameras and didn't feel like converting 4-5 cameras to infrared which I may never use again. We ended up just using lights - which we really didn't want to do for this shoot as it spoiled the mood a little (filming some POV promo stuff in a haunted-house theme park attraction).

Before settling on using lights I was thinking of getting the Ragecams 2.8mm Infrared lens for all the cameras. I almost went ahead with the order until I found out it was a public holiday in the USA and would've meant the package would not have arrived in time for the shoot.
John Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 07:34 AM   #4
Trustee

Also while we're on the topic of lens mods, I did end up ordering a 50mm lens from Ragecams for another trip I've got later this year where I'll be trying to travel light - swapping a 2-camer DSLR video kit for a couple of GoPro's.
John Wiley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems