DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Micro / POV Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/micro-pov-camera-systems/)
-   -   sick of gopro software (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/micro-pov-camera-systems/521568-sick-gopro-software.html)

Paul Mailath February 9th, 2014 12:17 AM

sick of gopro software

Why I tried to update I don't know, wasn't thinking.

Every time it uninstalls the previous version it also removed dll's needed by other programs - for me - it stuffs up Corel DVD maker,

Error: 'No DLLS were Found in the Waterfall Procedure' Occurs After Installing GoPro Studio

it's a giant pain and though I've paid for the software I just as soon chuck the camera in the bin

Roger Gunkel February 9th, 2014 04:09 PM

Re: sick of gopro software

I'm afraid a lot of people seem to have that problem, including me. I uninstalled it then had to go into recovery to the previous last windows rollback to recover the file to where it belongs.

To be honest, just about everything you can do in the GoPro software, you can do on other programmes. If you already have a basic editing programme then Mercalli ( the basic version) or ProDrenalin by the same company can de-fisheye and stabilise the footage to drop into your editor. I use Magix Movie Edit Pro 2013 for editing which takes Protune footage directly with no problem.

Roger

Michel Poirier February 12th, 2014 07:33 PM

I have a different problem but just as frustrating. I recently bought the GoPro Blk3+ because of the ProTune possibilities. But the free software does not deliver. So I cannot use the full potential of the camera.

First the software won't even install properly on Windows 8.1 and even though I can get it to start by hunting for the executable on the drive, it will not render anything, it just freeze...

I had no hint or help from GoPro about this.

Might as well buy any other cheaper camera !

Paul Mailath February 13th, 2014 07:06 AM

just be ready for dramas when you try to uninstall the gopro software! make a restore point first and then check all your other software - it has a habit of removing extra dll's

Chris DeVoe February 18th, 2014 12:16 AM

Yeah, that trash borked my Edius install. It is truly evil. And the useless company has never delivered on their promise to have more than one camera on the same wi-fi network, forcing me to exit the software, go to my tablet's settings and change from the "Drums" network to the "Keys" network.

I have grown to hate my GoPros and really want another company to take their place.

I need:
  • Reliable WI-Fi, with the ability to put several cameras on the same Wi-Fi network.
  • Software that supports multi-camera display. I don't need to see multiple cameras at the same time, but I need to easily change cameras.
  • A microphone attenuator.
  • Manual white balance.
  • Manual exposure control.

Christopher Young February 18th, 2014 08:03 AM

Have had similar problems in the past with other software uninstall problems. All those problems are now a thing of the past since I installed Revo Uninstaller Pro. Sounds like an ad doesn’t it!

Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs easily, Forced Uninstall, Leftovers Uninstaller

No connection with them but I do like the software as I seem to be forever installing and uninstalling video / audio encoders looking for the quickest and the best.

You can use it when you install any software. It monitors every little bit installed and builds a log of the install, in the process it also does a registry backup and creates a restore point. When you uninstall it uses the installed programs uninstaller. It then pulls up its install log relating to that program and gives you the option to scan the system to see if any shrapnel was missed by the installed programs uninstaller. 99% of the time it finds heaps of left over junk. Should another program suddenly have problems you always have a registry and restore point relating to that bit of software to fall back on. So far so good.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney

Paul Mailath February 20th, 2014 09:08 AM

that looks pretty good - I might give Revo a try

Arne Pursell March 19th, 2014 10:27 AM

After about a week messing around with gopro studio 2.0.1 and the proversion trial, with both continuously hanging on conversion to cineform, went back to gopro studio 1.3 and all is good. The only reason for me to use it is for the gopro protune LUT and conversion to cineform. Iff I could convert to cineform in another program and iff they made the LUT available so that we can correct the protune profile in say premiere or resolve, that would make life a lot easier. At this point not sure if just applying a LUT in premiere directly to the mp4 .mov files involves a quality hit...the protune correction in studio obviously does some color grading, but denoising and sharpening as well. And I'm not sure if there's some metadata in those protune files that becomes readable on decompressing to cineform (or whether it's even dynamic? is that possible?)...

Just want to get to normal rec709 from protune without messing around too much with speedgrade or lumetri...

Apparently one guy got this method to work...open studio, then open in premiere, apply changes, and they're automatically forwarded to premiere...unfortunately for me (you could save the look by then forwarding to speedgrade) that method kept crashing. Still, would be one way to get the LUT and adjustments saved since gopro won't make them public...