Has anyone used the JVC AXXAAXAAXXXIAAAOM action cam? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems

Micro / POV Camera Systems
Covering the GoPro HERO and other small Point-Of-View video cameras.

Old June 30th, 2014, 10:24 PM   #1
Wrangler

Has anyone used the JVC AXXAAXAAXXXIAAAOM action cam?

I actually forgot JVC made an action camera... has anyone even used it? Or even seen one in person? It looks a lot like the Drift, except at least 40 or 50 people have heard of Drift.
Old September 7th, 2014, 04:07 AM   #2
Tourist

Re: Has anyone used the JVC AXXAAXAAXXXIAAAOM action cam?

Yes, I have one (GC-XA2). Works very well. has many advantages over Gopro, like the 2 tripod mounts, the small screen (very usefull), the antishock and waterproof design... The image quality is a little bit lower than a Gopro 3BE though, but it's a lot cheaper.
Grégoire de Courtivron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2014, 06:08 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Has anyone used the JVC AXXAAXAAXXXIAAAOM action cam?

I have one along with GoPro 2 and 3's.

I think they (JVC XA-2) are great little complete units. Integrated colour screen for framing. A much easier menu layout. Water proof without an additional housing. In general use, what I particularly like is the ease of turning the unit on and off and selecting functions through the full colour, integrated interface.

It would always be my first choice for shooting adhoc, for example on the group rides I do on the bike. Easy to put in the back jersey pocket and pull out and shoot one handed.

The only drawback I can see is the small, non upgradable battery size, you get 1 hour and 20 minutes.

I use frequently on time-lapse jobs along side the gopros and DSLRs. The 8 megapixel still produced, can create very good 4K video. As mentioned, the image quality may be a little less then the Gopro, but only in extreme contrast.

At two thirds the price of the GoPro, they are a very useful, versatile, low cost addition to the kit.

Cheers,
Robert

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems