GoPro Bluetooth at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems

Micro / POV Camera Systems
Covering the GoPro HERO and other small Point-Of-View video cameras.

Old October 7th, 2014, 04:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

GoPro Bluetooth

Got my 4 Black today- I was able to pair it up to the GoPro app via Wi-Fi but does anyone know how to set it up for Bluetooth. I could not find any docs on it the the GoPro site

It is supposes to work with Bluetooth or am I missing something?
Rich Adrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2014, 10:33 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: GoPro Bluetooth

Found a video showing it pairing the camera via Bluetooth...I played around trying to make it happen on my GoPro HERO4 Black and could not. I see now that this is a GoPro issue

The cameras that were sold on Monday have a different firmware and the Bluetooth is not operational with that firmware

People who got a pre-release of the Camera have the firmware(1.8) that has working Bluetooth

The video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... H1shsGzdLo

My Firmware is 1.4
These people have 1.8

And 1.8 is not on the GoPro site yet

Last edited by Rich Adrion; October 8th, 2014 at 02:47 PM.
Rich Adrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2014, 07:41 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: GoPro Bluetooth

Gopro got back to me on the issue which ended up not being an issue

Hi Richard,

Thanks for reaching out to GoPro Support. I'd like to clear up any confusion regarding the use of Bluetooth with your HERO4 camera. We only support the use of Bluetooth for the initial pairing process with the GoPro App.

We utilize Bluetooth so that we can isolate the connection to the camera and help streamline the pairing process. As Bluetooth is not an efficient medium for data intensive / high bandwidth applications, we use Bluetooth to help connect the device then revert to Wi-Fi for streaming, camera control, etc.

Compared to Bluetooth, Wi-Fi allows for better security, higher bit-rates and better range when controlling the camera.

I hope this helps clear things up! Please let me know if you have any questions and I will gladly further assist you.

Many Thanks,
Nick M.
GoPro Support
GoPro Official Website - Capture + share your world
Rich Adrion is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems