Activeon Anyone? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems

Micro / POV Camera Systems
Covering the GoPro HERO and other small Point-Of-View video cameras.

Old December 29th, 2014, 12:13 AM   #1
Major Player

Activeon Anyone?

Has anyone tried the new Activeon DX Cam, which is a Gopro competitor?

I just ordered it and looking for anyone that has it that can tell me a little about this cam. I'm looking to try it out to get some BTS shots as well as a different perspective in a wedding.

ACTIVEON - Action Cam

Aaron Jones Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2014, 05:26 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Activeon Anyone?

Why did you get this camera over, say, a GoPro 4 Black? The GoPro does 4K30p, 1080120p, 2.7K50p. The Activeon does none of that - 108060p at best. So, more like the step-down GoPro 4 Silver.

With the added LCD touch screen on the GoPro Black it is about the same size as the Activeon. But is the Activeon LCD a touch screen?

Is there an external mic input, like on the GoPro?

You cannot control ISO or WB on the Activeon; you can on the GoPro. There is no flat mode either, for color grading that makes it easy to mix GoPro footage with the footage from other cameras.

I do like the better battery life. But that shaky low resolution video that was linked does not indicate any great video quality. On the other hand I have seen stunning GoPro Black 4K videos (viewed at less than 4K).

I am glad to see competition, but I would like to see something actually better than a GoPro.
Mark Rosenzweig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2014, 02:37 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Activeon Anyone?

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the response. I'm glad you threw out some good points to look at. I was not aware of those features with the GoPro4 Black. Now I'm glad I canceled my order yesterday. I was looking for a BTS cam to use for promo shots and things like that. You have confirmed my suspicion and I'm glad i made the right choice not to get that cam at the last minute before it shipped out.
Aaron Jones Sr. is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems