DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Micro / POV Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/micro-pov-camera-systems/)
-   -   Bullet cam - Real or April fools joke? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/micro-pov-camera-systems/533840-bullet-cam-real-april-fools-joke.html)

Reed Gidez April 1st, 2017 05:29 AM

Bullet cam - Real or April fools joke?

Noa Put April 1st, 2017 06:38 AM

Re: Bullet cam - Real or April fools joke?

They sure put a lot of work in making that film but it's fake, check 01:45 where you see from the bullets perspective, you see the shooters face and then he puts the bullet into teh gun chamber but right before the bullet goes in they cut away, I know why, because the camera they where using to film that didn't fit :)

Then check 02:09 where they give a live view of the slowed down footage, in order to slow down footage like that on an object traveling at that speed and to have super smooth motion like they show the build in camera needs to be able to shoot a lot faster then 1000 frames/sec. What we see here is footage from a drone.

Reed Gidez April 1st, 2017 07:06 AM

Noa, I thought the same. But the real giveaway is the fact the picture is so stable. No spin! Pretty well done though

Nate Haustein April 1st, 2017 09:03 AM

They had me until they said you could slow down the footage. Unless I've been missing something, cams with that capability don't usually come in a pack of 10! Fun video though :)

Oren Arieli April 1st, 2017 04:51 PM

Nicely done, and very fake. Bullets (real ones) will spin like a mofo, making for an unwatchable image.

Noa Put April 2nd, 2017 01:33 AM

Don't forget the gimbal technology we have today, they might have been able to fit that in to keep the camera level. I just ordered a box of 10 bullets to get some extra angles during a ceremony.

Jay Massengill April 2nd, 2017 06:25 AM

I've got to get a slider for my next conference table shots... makes it all totally believable!

Jim Andrada April 7th, 2017 09:52 AM

Hi Noa,

Hope you don't have to fly somewhere with your box of 10 "cameras" - I'd hate to see you trying to explain them to the security folks.

"Uhh, sorry officer, I was just bringing them so I could get a better shot at the bride and groom..."

Noa Put April 7th, 2017 10:04 AM

Yeah, that would be awkward when you get the question what you want to do with the bulletcams, "I"m planning to shoot the couple who's getting married today" haha

Dave Baker April 7th, 2017 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noa Put (Post 1929954)
I just ordered a box of 10 bullets to get some extra angles during a ceremony.

Gives a whole new meaning to the term "shotgun wedding"!:-)

Jim Andrada April 7th, 2017 11:07 AM

Hi Noa,

Hope you don't have to fly somewhere with your box of 10 "cameras" - I'd hate to see you trying to explain them to the security folks.

"Uhh, sorry officer, I was just bringing them so I could get a better shot at the bride and groom..."

Noa Put April 7th, 2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Baker (Post 1930335)
Gives a whole new meaning to the term "shotgun wedding"!:-)

or "run and gun"

Jim Andrada April 9th, 2017 07:47 PM

Definitely the "magic bullets" we've all been hoping for.