Report on the Yi 4K+ - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems

Micro / POV Camera Systems
Covering the GoPro HERO and other small Point-Of-View video cameras.

Old October 10th, 2017, 08:10 PM   #46
Trustee

Testing 200 Mbps 4K 60P on the Yi 4K+

I set the bitrate at 200 Mbps and shot for 1.25 hours, resulting in 47 GB's of video clips. The temperature was 76 F, with direct sunlight. No overheating, no frames dropped. Perfectly normal, except for somewhat higher battery draw, but I had still had 33% left when I stopped.

Here is the 200 Mbps-shot 4K 60P video:

This "hack" does not alter the firmware, it just loads the settings in memory. Doing that does not invalidate the warranty, and is easy to install.

Does 200 Mbps make a difference compared with the default of 135 Mbps (a 50% increase)? Who knows; but it does not hurt!
Mark Rosenzweig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 03:34 AM   #47
Regular Crew

Re: Report on the Yi 4K+

Wow! - where did you get this hack from? It sounds interesting 😊.

Even without this hack, this is a little beast of a camera, which I mainly use for wideangle shots (recording 2.7k50p or 4k50p) with other cameras.

I've got a classical concert coming up this December at an Anglican-style church venue (to accomodate 500 people approx), where I'm going to use two of these little beasts (balcony shot, and audience shot from stage).

Thanks for your clips 😊
Bryan Quarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 06:21 AM   #48
Trustee

Bitrate mod

https://github.com/irungentoo/Xiaomi...er/4k+/bitrate
Old October 11th, 2017, 10:46 AM   #49
Major Player

Gorgeous image! I would be afraid of the hack.....just my luck that I would brick my camera.
Dan Gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2017, 06:51 PM   #50
Trustee

Old October 23rd, 2017, 08:27 PM   #51
Trustee

200 Mbps 4K 60P video:

Zhiyun Evolution gimbal.
Old October 24th, 2017, 06:16 AM   #52
Major Player

It would sure be nice if someone were to shoot a stage event with this great little camera to see if it would even be usable in such a senario.
The outdoor footage is very nice from this camera but even an analog sd camera looks good when shooting brightly lit outdoor scenes. The RX0 with its 1" sensor will mostlikely cut it indoors but will this super Yi4k+?
Bruce Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2017, 06:39 PM   #53
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Dempsey View Post
It would sure be nice if someone were to shoot a stage event with this great little camera to see if it would even be usable in such a senario.
The outdoor footage is very nice from this camera but even an analog sd camera looks good when shooting brightly lit outdoor scenes. The RX0 with its 1" sensor will mostlikely cut it indoors but will this super Yi4k+?
Here's a "stage event" night-time video:

Old October 31st, 2017, 04:30 AM   #54
Major Player

It's even better under stadium lights than daylight. Very impressive.
Were you in stealth mode because no one seemed aware yet the footage is so stable it looks like tripod.
The players were a tad hot, is there exposure compensation (must be). This is a very competent little 4k camera.
btw I shoot a local high school teams game video where a hundred spectators is a good crowd. lol what a great spectacle this college game must have been.
Now I have to decide between this cam and a fat tire bike lol again
Bruce Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2017, 04:55 AM   #55
Inner Circle

The stadium footage is nice and sharp and very stable as has been mentioned, but not really what I would describe as low light conditions but brightly lit night time. The large stadium lights are giving maximum lighting coverage for the game which is way above the sort of lighting available at an indoor evening function or amateur stage production where I would need good low light performance. I can achieve useable and quite sharp footage from a GoPro using a small video light to bring up the level just as the stadium lights are doing, but using lighting can be distracting and annoying at wedding receptions for example.

What would be a great comparison, would be footage shot in a bar at night, or at a party, disco or theatre show to really show low light performance if you get the chance at all.

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2017, 06:07 PM   #56
Trustee

Old November 7th, 2017, 02:46 PM   #57
Major Player

Damn! It would be interesting to mount a Yi 4K+ at the top of a goal post on each end of the field. Field of view would be from the goal line out to thirty yards. I really would like to edit that with footage from a 4K camera that is following the play.

I know a High School coach that would go for it. Can I borrow a couple of Yi 4K+ cameras (LOL)? What is the largest card the camera can use? Can an external battery be used?
Dan Gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2017, 06:05 PM   #58
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Gunn View Post
What is the largest card the camera can use? Can an external battery be used?
256GB card; yes, an external battery can be used to power the camera, even without an internal battery. The card would give 4 hours of 4K 60P video at 135Mbps.
Old November 8th, 2017, 01:29 PM   #59
Major Player

I'm noticing a fair amount of micro shakes in some shots, did you post any videos where you had the EIS turned on?

cheers
Old November 8th, 2017, 02:20 PM   #60
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Gunn View Post
Damn! It would be interesting to mount a Yi 4K+ at the top of a goal post on each end of the field. Field of view would be from the goal line out to thirty yards. I really would like to edit that with footage from a 4K camera that is following the play.

I know a High School coach that would go for it. Can I borrow a couple of Yi 4K+ cameras (LOL)? What is the largest card the camera can use? Can an external battery be used?
Yeah me too
Camera angles all have to be more or less on the same side of the field of play otherwise everybody is coming and going willy nilly and its disorienting for a viewer so you couldn't have shots from both ends in the same play
Bruce Dempsey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Micro / POV Camera Systems