DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Micro / POV Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/micro-pov-camera-systems/)
-   -   DJI Osmo Pocket (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/micro-pov-camera-systems/536470-dji-osmo-pocket.html)

Mark Rosenzweig December 16th, 2018 05:36 AM

DJI Osmo Pocket

Amazing camera. Here was my first go, at 4K 60P:

Mark OConnell December 18th, 2018 11:03 AM

Re: DJI Osmo Pocket

For the price that looks really good.

Derek Craig December 18th, 2018 01:53 PM

This is my next camera purchase for sure. The ability to take the 4K at 60 fps and put it into a 30 fps timeline, whether that is for a 1080 or 4K production, and then slow it down will make for some awesome footage. I have a large gimbal for my Sony A6500 setup and it is great, but you really have to plan ahead for shots using it and it is obnoxious to carry around. This Osmo Pocket will be a great tool for those more impromptu shots or the times where you want to keep a lower visual profile.

Mark Rosenzweig December 19th, 2018 06:39 PM

Mark Rosenzweig December 23rd, 2018 09:19 AM

Mark Rosenzweig December 26th, 2018 12:23 PM

Part of a commercial shoot, slowed down from 4K 60P to 24P.

Josh Bass December 27th, 2018 09:59 PM

SO let me ask all you owners/uploaders a question...is that slight “squishiness” to the footage (where even in well-lit conditions all the pixels appear to be squirming around a little bit) due to vimeo/youtube recompression or is that actually what comes out of the cam? I have an $80 Zoom camera (as in, the folks who make the audio recorders) that i considered for a personal project and my tests/playing back of raw footage showed the same thing.

Mark Rosenzweig December 28th, 2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh Bass (Post 1948416)
SO let me ask all you owners/uploaders a question...is that slight “squishiness” to the footage (where even in well-lit conditions all the pixels appear to be squirming around a little bit) due to vimeo/youtube recompression or is that actually what comes out of the cam? I have an $80 Zoom camera (as in, the folks who make the audio recorders) that i considered for a personal project and my tests/playing back of raw footage showed the same thing.

You can download this video (the "original"). The video underwent no re-compression - smart rendered. So the joined clips are straight from the camera:

If this shows the artifacts you described, you should use a different player or view screen. I see nothing like what you describe.

Josh Bass December 29th, 2018 12:55 AM

Downloading. I'm seeing the artifacts in all the above posts/players.

Mark Rosenzweig December 29th, 2018 07:13 PM

Mark Rosenzweig January 8th, 2019 06:11 PM

Josh Bass January 8th, 2019 07:12 PM

I did examine the uncompressed footage I was linked to and to me it looked very nice on my 27” imac. took some doing getting it to play back smoothly but that may be an issue with certain players.

Mark Rosenzweig January 9th, 2019 11:40 AM

Mark Rosenzweig January 13th, 2019 11:56 AM

Ken Plotin January 14th, 2019 12:46 PM

Mark,
Is there a way to mount the Osmo pocket to a tripod for time-lapse shooting other than a home made cobbled together solution?
I can't believe DJI didn't include a 1/4 20 thread on the base.
Thanks,
Ken