Compatible Sachtler Head and Sachlter Monopod??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Monopods (incl. FlowPod)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 13th, 2008, 06:15 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Compatible Sachtler Head and Sachlter Monopod???

I posted this in the main camera support section but did not receive a response. Hopefully this is the right subforum for the question.

Hi All,

I recently bought a Sachtler tripod with the DV 2 II head.

It seems that the plate provided with the head is not compatible with Sachtlers (only) monopod (Monopod 2 CF). As I understand it, there are two head systems that you can use with this monopod, namely the Betacam version and the Sandwich Touch & Go quick release system. Unfortunately, neither of the plates provided with this monopod will accept the plate provided with the DV 2 II head.

Does anybody know a way that I can get a quick release system going between the DV 2 II head and a monopod (by any manufacture)?

All suggestions / advice welcome!

Keith
Keith Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 06:05 PM   #2
New Boot

plate issues

At the risk of being irrelevant because this post is 10 months late, I'd say:
just switch plates when going from tripod to monopod.
Them is the breaks. Just takes a quarter and 30-40 seconds.

(or learn to become a machinist and make your own adapters and inventions - some people do it!)

JB
Old February 14th, 2009, 08:30 PM   #3
Major Player

I have two sachtlers and gave up trying to find a matching mono pod. I went and bought manfrotto quick release assemblies for all my gear. I do a lot of run and gun and use a 528B manfrotto mono pod it has a cup foot and quick release sections and the same quick release system. It is a bit ugly having a quick release on a quick release but ...it works and is fast.
Old February 16th, 2009, 05:19 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I just ended up changing to Monfrotto tripod and monopod - I wasn't interested in modifying equipment just to make up for Sachtlers inability to properly serve my particular segment of the market!

I finally have a solution I'm happy with by using Monfrotto.
Keith Malone is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Monopods (incl. FlowPod)