Hummingbird Nest at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old May 21st, 2008, 01:42 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Hummingbird Nest

Took this clip right out of the camera and put it up on Vimeo.

http://www.vimeo.com/1038232

But I will more then likely use my Canon HV20 to tape the nest. It focuses better (find that the HD1000 hunts) and is easier to edit on my PC.
Old May 21st, 2008, 06:59 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I like your clip on the bird nest but I like more your Thunderbird video.
Why is the hv20 is easier to dit on pc.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 03:38 PM   #3
New Boot

It looks OK at first but there is some cmos wobble due to the "rolling shutter" effect. This makes it impossible to stabilize the video in post.

I just tried this video (original mp4) with Deshaker and rolling shutter compensation turned off and the result is useless. Tried a few other cmos camera videos with the compensation function turned on but did not see any difference.

It's sad that you really have to use a tripod with these cameras and be careful not to pan quickly or record fast moving objects.

I'm actually considering a HD700 instead because of this as it has a CCD sensor.
Old May 27th, 2008, 06:53 PM   #4
New Boot

ive noticed that you get way less wobble in the picture if you turn off the image stabilization, you might want to try that.

yeah the autofocus sucks ass, one thing that helps is to assign af-lock to one of the joystick shortcuts, so that once youre in focus, hit it and it will stay there.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)