DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/mpg4-sanyo-xacti-all-models/)
-   -   Some Questions About the HD1000 Before Purchasing (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/mpg4-sanyo-xacti-all-models/125065-some-questions-about-hd1000-before-purchasing.html)

Kin Kwan June 30th, 2008 09:33 PM

Some Questions About the HD1000 Before Purchasing

I've had my eyes on the HD1000 for awhile now and with the recent price drop to $599.99, I'm very tempted in taking the plunge.

But first I was wondering if anyone had links or could post some "real life" day-to-day video, such as indoor footage, handheld footage, etc. I've seen a lot of samples (thanks to everyone who contributed on this forum) but they are mostly video shot on a tripod against a backdrop with minimal movement.

The reason for my concern is because I saw some footage where some movement within the frame turned a vibrant green plant into a bunch of green blocky pixels. But I'm not sure if it were raw or recompressed footage.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction for some uncompressed, "real life" video, it would make my purchasing decision much easier!

Thanks,

John Greydanus June 30th, 2008 11:12 PM

You can see my efforts here.........

Not much to look at, but handheld, not sure if this is what you are looking for?

http://community.webshots.com/user/t...host=community

I use SONY Movie Studio Platinum 8, hope that helps.......

Kin Kwan June 30th, 2008 11:40 PM

Thanks John for the reply! That's exactly what I'm looking for, just simple run-and-gun videos without a tripod and lighting setups. Unfortunately, your videos are heavily compressed so I can't gauge the quality of the original footage.

Is there another way to view the videos in a higher quality? Maybe you can upload a 10 second snippet in a higher quality format (Raw footage preferably).

John Greydanus July 1st, 2008 02:03 AM

Working on it..............

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kin Kwan (Post 901356)
Thanks John for the reply! That's exactly what I'm looking for, just simple run-and-gun videos without a tripod and lighting setups. Unfortunately, your videos are heavily compressed so I can't gauge the quality of the original footage.

Is there another way to view the videos in a higher quality? Maybe you can upload a 10 second snippet in a higher quality format (Raw footage preferably).

I thought I uploaded a file to a new folder there, but now I get this message? Format was MP4, so maybe it was too big/long?

There was an error processing this video: We don't support this video file format or codec.

You can try to convert your file to AVI, MPG, MPEG, MP4, RM, MOV, WMV, ASF, 3GP, FLV, or WFV and re-upload it.

Kin Kwan July 1st, 2008 04:18 PM

Thanks again, John, for sending me the FilesAnywhere link. Was the raw footage shot in 1080i? My computer can't play the 1080i files, but I know it can play the 720p files. If your "Bader & Crew" video was shot in 720p, can you upload a short raw clip of it? If not, then something else that was shot in 720p (with some motion or in low light) would work as well.

For the 3 videos you sent me, did you shoot in auto or manual? Even though those videos were resized to SD resolution, the colors and contrast range were really nice! Now I have to see if they'll have this on sale for Fourth of July :P

John Greydanus July 2nd, 2008 11:51 AM

All in HD

I have been shooting all footage in HD, why not, I have a HD camera. Also, the settings are all automatic. I am just new to shooting video and taking the easy way out.
And as you saw, I was driving, so I just hit the record and let it go.
Over the next few days, I will see if I can get out on the Harley and get a few clips at 720p for you, that will give you the motion, not sure about the low light but it sure has been dusty over here the last few weeks!
Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8 lets me render the Sanyo MP4 files to Quicktime or Windows Media Player files

PS - by over here, I mean in Saudi Arabia, where I work.............