Sanyo HD1 footage! - Page 31 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old April 10th, 2006, 08:13 AM   #451
Inner Circle

I understand you can fold back the LCD when open, for RC mounting, you could then cover in bubble warp and then a leather/hard cover.

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content...der-Review.htm

The new review over at camcorderinfo, is one of the longest I have seen them post, and negative. I think they have points, because the average consumer won't be doing what we do to get good pictures, but then there is a good side that they could mention.

I forget why the two lower black tiles are missing, but it is interesting to note, that with their tests at iso 800/1600, the two lower tiles are correctly rendered, and that 1600 shows a lot of wash.

This makes me wonder if everything under 800/400 ISO is some form of negative gain to stop highlights from blowing out, and that 400/800 is 0db. It might explain the effect I am seeing.
Old April 10th, 2006, 10:16 AM   #452
Regular Crew

Well all the shots I have shot so far I have left the camera in full auto except for ISO

also if I noticed the AF hunting (actually did not happen much which is nice) I twiggled the stick up to lock the af. thats about it.

The Problem with there review is simple. it was biased incorrectly (even if not intentionally) They Compared the HD1 (a Ford Taurus so to speak) with the likes of Mercedes Rolls Royce and Ferrai's etc..

I would like to see them review it with a comparison to taurus's in mind IE other $500-$700 camcorders and then see how it fairs. I can say this its magnitudes better than my $500 DV Camcorder. not even a close comparison it just blow it away.

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/
Old April 10th, 2006, 05:09 PM   #453
Regular Crew

I shot video from the Rc hummer today. came out GREAT !! only problem is that its 600mb I am trying to chop it up in camera but its literally painfully slow. I just wish I could pick "start and end" points and say clip that. grrr

I am probably going to have to convert this to mpeg2 and chop that up into something reasonable in size.

Chris Taylor
Old April 10th, 2006, 10:57 PM   #454
Regular Crew

Ok got a short night driving clip up (quick and dirty)

The RC Hummer cam even edited down to DVD 9200kbit it was almost 200mb so I reduced it to 3000kbit still looks fine but no where near as nice as the original but as is its still 60mb (uploading now)

I just dont have the space of bandwidth to upload the original 563mb file :-)

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/sanyo
Old April 11th, 2006, 12:01 AM   #455
Regular Crew

Chris,

http://www.bophoto.com/HDV/video/

Here is another nightshot, bouncing all over, handheld while driving. (smile)

For some reason I told myself to set the camera to the 200iso setting instead of the 400... and was delighted to see how nice it came out. much better than I had expected... Im thinking that I will be using mostly 200iso and let dark be dark.. its just so much cleaner than 400iso.

Bo
Old April 11th, 2006, 12:19 AM   #456
Regular Crew

Chris,
That hummer cam is fun to watch. You can totally do a short scifi horror film with that! It just looks like a small critter-like monster coming after you. LOL

I know the clip is reduced in size but still it looks like the camera is handling fast motion shooting pretty well.

Bo,
The night shot link is pointing to the small jpeg image. Is there a movie file for that? I'm downloading other movie clips. Thanks for uploading them.
Old April 11th, 2006, 12:29 AM   #457
Regular Crew

Euisun

Sorry about that, the link is fixed now. and I even remembered to upload the raindorops thumbnail. (smile)

Bo
Old April 11th, 2006, 01:14 AM   #458
Regular Crew

Thanks. Downloading it now.

BTW, really great clips. Loved the raindrops one. Quite beautiful.

I think this camera is really a hidden gem.
Old April 11th, 2006, 06:30 AM   #459
Regular Crew

Very cool night shot - with that many streetlights etc.. definately tick with 200 :-)

Chris Taylor
Old April 11th, 2006, 06:52 AM   #460
Inner Circle

Bo, just from the stills, it looks cool.
Old April 11th, 2006, 09:46 AM   #461
Regular Crew

Thank you Wayne,

I finally did get all the links working ;-) Guess its not alway good to work on html when its getting late. Ha Ha. I also got the page with the lenshoot updated and linked so its looking a little better now.

The 720p samples http://www.bophoto.com/HDV/video/

Bo (leaving to go make a living for the day)
Old April 11th, 2006, 12:52 PM   #462
Regular Crew

The lenshood and tripod adaptor... wow
After I get my xacti I'm going to definitely order one.

Since you seem to have a magic hand, can you also carve a polarizer lens out of plywood? :)
Old April 11th, 2006, 01:04 PM   #463
Regular Crew

Nothing magical about it, just a industrial laser in my office.

Actually, Im thinking that it might be possible to incoporate a slit for a Cokin A series polarfilter, when I make the lenshood for the wideangle lens, but I have to see how big it is first.

Right now my to do list have a lenshood for the wideangle and a adjustable hand grip for the right side of of the HD1 making it possible to hold it comfortable at different angles... however first I need to get the wideangle lens so I can get a pair of calipers around it. (smile)

Bo
Old April 12th, 2006, 04:55 AM   #464
Regular Crew

Got caliper, wideangle lens and time...

How would you like it? IGES file, Solidworks native...let me know.

I am bored beyond reckognition here so I am more than happy to help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen
Nothing magical about it, just a industrial laser in my office.

Actually, Im thinking that it might be possible to incoporate a slit for a Cokin A series polarfilter, when I make the lenshood for the wideangle lens, but I have to see how big it is first.

Right now my to do list have a lenshood for the wideangle and a adjustable hand grip for the right side of of the HD1 making it possible to hold it comfortable at different angles... however first I need to get the wideangle lens so I can get a pair of calipers around it. (smile)

Bo
Old April 12th, 2006, 11:28 PM   #465
Regular Crew

Yeah.. grass root movement for accessories :)
Keep'em coming :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)